AA Sweepstakes Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE.
2. TO ENTER. Between 9:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (or Eastern Standard Time (EST) on July 5, 2011 and 11:59 p.m. EST on September 15, 2011 (“Promotional Period”), complete an official entry form online in the manner listed below. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on September 15, 2011. Complete an official entry form online at www.nycgo.com, or print your full name, complete address, telephone number, e-mail address, and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in a plain business size envelope to: CTI Custom Travel Incentives, 524 Lafayette Avenue Wyckoff, NJ 07481. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on September 15, 2011. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned. Limit one entry per person.
3. PRIZE DETAILS. Two (2) winning prizes. One (1) New York Local (“Local trip prize”) and one (1) National (“National trip prize”). One Local Winner will be drawn from among eligible entries from New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. One National Winner will be drawn from among eligible entries outside New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. The National Winner will receive (1) four (4) One-Day Passes for the American Airlines Admirals Club® worth $50 each, (2) two (2) tickets to a Broadway show, (3) a dinner for two (2)worth $125 in a New York City restaurant, (4) three (3) nights in a double occupancy room in a New York City hotel and (5) two (2) Roundtrip First Class Travel Authorization Certificates (each a “Travel Certificate”) on American Airlines or its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle, Executive Airlines or the AmericanConnection® carrier from any city served by American Airlines or its Associates in the 48 contiguous United States to the North American destination of winner’s choice. The approximate retail value (ARV) is $3,000.00 per Travel Certificate. The Local Winner will receive (1) four (4) One-Day Passes for the American Airlines Admirals Club® worth $50 each, (2) two (2) tickets to a Broadway show, (3) a dinner for two (2)worth $125 in a New York City restaurant, (4) three (3) nights in a double occupancy room in a New York City hotel and ( 5) two (2) Roundtrip First Class Travel Authorization Certificates (each a “Travel Certificate”) on American Airlines or its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle, Executive Airlines or the AmericanConnection® carrier) from any city served by American Airlines or its Associates in the 48 contiguous United States to the North American destination of winner’s choice. The approximate retail value (ARV) is $3,000.00 per Travel Certificate. The approximate total prize value for each prize is $4,310. Winners are responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from the closest American Airlines departure city and their place of residence. Winners are responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges, all insurance, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing the Travel Certificates. Embargo dates and other restrictions may apply and are subject to change. Prizes are provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed by either winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable; provided no such substitute prize shall be from American without its prior written consent
4. DRAWING AND AWARDING OF PRIZES. On or about September 16, 2011 a random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor(s)independent judging organization (“Administrator”) will select the winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor. The Administrator’s) decisions will be final in all matters relating to this sweepstakes. The potential winner(s) will be notified by phone and/or certified mail. The potential winner(s) may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with these rules) as well as a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within fourteen (14) days from date of issuance, or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If any prize, prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s’ consent to use of his/her name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by Sponsor. By accepting prize, winners acknowledge compliance with these official rules.
5. ODDS. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes open to individuals legally residing in the 48 continental United States (except Rhode Island and Florida) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and agents of Sponsor(s), Administrator and each of its/their) parent(s) and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to win. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
7. American Airlines Travel Authorization Certificate Terms. This certificate (“Travel Certificate”) may be used to purchase air travel wholly on American Airlines or it Airline Associates. Travel Certificates are redeemable for air travel sold and originating in the 48 continental United States (except Rhode Island and Florida. Travel Certificates are not returnable or redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Lost, stolen or damaged Travel Certificate will not be replaced. Travel Certificate has no implied warranties and is not a credit or debit card. Travel Certificate is based on availability at the time of reservation, and must adhere to applicable embargo. Travel Certificate is valid for one year from the date issued. Expiration date cannot be extended. Travel using Travel Certificates does not qualify for American Airlines AAdvantage® mileage credit or elite status. American Airlines reserves the right to revise rules and conditions at any time without notice.
8. AMERICAN AIRLINES TRAVEL TERMS. All travel must be completed by one year from issue date. . If winner is unable to travel by this date, prize will be forfeited. Travel must originate and end at the airport nearest winner’s home that is served by American Airlines or its Airline Associates. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of American Airlines. Winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older if not a member of winner’s immediate family and will be required to execute and return a liability/publicity release (which must also be signed by such guest’s parent or legal guardian, if minor) prior to travel. Winner and winner’s guest must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as a prize; if a stopover occurs, the prize will terminate at the stopover point and full fare will be charged for the remaining segments, including the return, of the trip. Sponsor and Prize Provider are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Schedules subject to change without notice.
9. ADMIRALS CLUB® ONE-DAY PASS TERMS. Admirals Club® lounge hours may vary by location and are subject to change. One-Day Pass holders must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Use of the Admirals Club® facilities is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Airlines, Inc., including, without limitation, all policies set forth in the terms and conditions for use of the One-Day Pass. For a full set of Terms and Conditions, go to www.AA.com/admiralsclub and click on One-Day Pass and then click on Terms and Conditions. American reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice. One-day pass visitor must hold a same-day ticket for travel on American Airlines that allows clearance through security for flight departure and access to the Admirals Club® lounge. Each One-Day Pass is valid for one day. A One-Day Pass can be used at multiple lounges throughout your day of travel. Day pass is non-refundable, non-changeable, non-transferable, and valid only on date of visit. American Airlines expressly reserves the right in its absolute discretion to discontinue the day pass program at any time. American Airlines will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by a purchaser or visitor resulting from such refusal, cancellation, or denial. Day passes are only valid at Admirals Club® lounge locations. day passes are not valid for use at Arrivals Lounge or Flagship Lounge facilities. One-day pass visitor must present the original One-Day pass and valid government-issued ID to access a lounge. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied and forfeiture of the day pass. Not all American Airlines origin and destination locations have an Admirals Club® lounge. Please check for information on www.aa.com/admiralsclub. American Airlines reserves the right to remove any purchaser or, visitor from a lounge for inappropriate behavior or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent.
10.TAXES. Any valuation of the prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winners must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. You must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
11. OTHER CONDITIONS. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to, modify or suspend this sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the sweepstakes, (b) the sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these rules, or (c) the sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsor. In the event of modification or suspension, Sponsor shall award the Prizes to Winners to be selected in random drawings from among the remaining uncorrupted eligible entries. By entering, participants agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless Sponsor, (Administrator), Prize Provider and each of their parent’s, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any Prize or participation in any sweepstakes related travel or other activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor(s) due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the sweepstakes, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Additional restrictions may apply.
12. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York County , New York ; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
13. WINNERS' LIST. To receive a copy of the winner’s list please mail a request to. CTI Custom Travel Incentives 524 Lafayette Avenue Wyckoff, NJ 07481.
14. ADMINISTRATOR. CTI Custom Travel Incentives 524 Lafayette Avenue Wyckoff, NJ 07481.
15. SPONSOR. NYC & Company, Inc. 810 Seventh Avenue 3rd Floor, NY, NY 10019
16. PRIZE PROVIDER: American Airlines, Inc.; 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Fort Worth, Texas 76155.
American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carriers are regional airlines associated with American Airlines, Inc. American Eagle service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or Executive Airlines, Inc., each of which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the parent company of American Airlines.. The AmericanConnection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc. an unaffiliated independent contractor.
AAdvantage, Admirals Club, AmericanAirlines, American Eagle, Executive Airlines and AmericanConnection are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
Copyright 2011 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
TRAVEL CERTIFICATES - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Procedures for requesting Travel Authorization Certificates (each a Travel Certificate”) will be provided to Organization or recipient upon receipt of the signed Agreement. Travel Certificates have no value except when redeemed in accordance with the terms and conditions listed below. Travel Certificates are not transferable or refundable.
2. Travel Certificates are subject to availability of promotional inventories and current embargoed dates. Coach must be booked in "T" class, Business in "U" class and First in "Z" class. No open Travel Certificates are permitted. Embargoed dates may apply.
3. Travel Certificates cannot be bartered or sold for cash, or in lieu of cash payment.
4. Travel Certificates must be issued by the American Airlines Ticket Redemption Center at 1-800-727-2142. Travel agencies cannot issue Travel Certificates.
5. Any applicable fees, taxes, surcharges, service charges or passenger facility charges are the responsibility of the user and must be paid at the time the Travel Certificate is issued. Taxes shall include all federal, state, local and foreign taxes of any kind, and whether assessed for winning or otherwise coming into receipt of the Travel Certificates, or in relation to use of the Travel Certificates.
6. If Travel Certificates are provided for fund-raising, the fund-raising activity cannot be conducted by or in connection with a 3rd party (including, but not limited to the offering of Travel Awards on public auction web sites); provided nothing herein shall prevent the use of a 3rd party administrative entity such as may be available to charitable organizations in the conduct of a promotion.
7. Minors who are recipients of Travel Certificates must be accompanied on all flights by a parent or guardian.
8. Travel Certificates are valid for travel only on American Airlines, American Eagle Airlines, Inc., Executive Airlines, Inc. or the AmericanConnection® carrier (collectively referred to in this Exhibit B as “American Airlines”). American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carriers are regional airlines associated with American Airlines, Inc. American Eagle® service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or Executive Airlines, Inc., each of which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the parent company of American Airlines. The AmericanConnection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc., an unaffiliated independent contractor. Travel is not valid on flights operated under a code sharing agreement with other air carriers.
9. Travel must be via the most direct American Airlines routing. Unnecessary and circuitous routings, connecting points and/or segments are prohibited. Stopovers, except for the next connecting flight, are not permitted.
10. American Airlines is not responsible for, and will not pay, expenses associated with transportation on other carriers, ground transportation, excess baggage charges or overnight lodging, if required.
11. If American Airlines, for any reason, discontinues service to the selected destination before the travel date, the user must select an alternate American Airlines destination.
12. After a Ticket has been issued from a Travel Certificate, an administrative service charge of $100.00 will be assessed for any change requiring reticketing, such as a change of origin or destination. Changes requiring reticketing must have prior approval of ticket authorizer.
13. After a Ticket has been issued from a Travel Certificate, an administrative service charge of $25.00 will be assessed for any changes regarding a date or time. Changes requiring reticketing must have prior approval of ticket authorizer.
14. After a Ticket has been issued from a Travel Certificate, Customer must contact the Ticket Redemption Center or Reservations prior to flight if they plan on canceling their ticketed reservation. In the event Customer fails to contact an American Airlines representative through the Ticket Redemption Center or Reservations, the ticket will default to a No-Show, and an administrative service charge of $50.00 (Coach Class) $75.00 (Business Class) or $100.00 (First Class) will be assessed to reinstate the reservation.
15. Unused Travel Certificates may be used at a later date (valid until travel expiration of this contract), subject to a ticket reissue fee. Travel Certificates that are not used by the expiration date of the contract will not be extended. Credit will not be given for unused Travel Certificates.
16. Lost or stolen Travel Certificates will not be replaced.
17. Passengers are not eligible for AADVANTAGE® mileage credit or any other promotional benefit that American may offer. AADVANTAGE® miles and/or stickers cannot be used to upgrade.
18. Purchased upgrades are permitted by paying the difference between the full fare for the authorized class of service and the next class of service. Paid upgrades are only allowed for next cabin. Two cabin upgrades will not be processed. Processing of purchased upgrades will be handled when redeeming certificate through our Ticket Redemption Center and may not be handled at airport ticket counters. Processing time is a minimum of 48 hours based on hours of operation of Ticket Redemption Center.
19, Domestic travel is subject to American Airlines’ CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE, as may be amended from time to time. International travel is regulated by the WARSAW CONVENTION, as amended, or the MONTREAL CONVENTION OF 1999, as applicable, and by applicable Tariffs. The Conditions of Carriage and Tariffs may be found on AA.Com.