recipes / barrel-aged feta-crusted halibut
by NYC Editor, 12/03/2008
- Barrel-Aged Feta-Crusted Halibut
- Beef Bourguignon
- Crispy Okra Salad (Kararee Bhindi)
- Dark Chocolate Pear Tart, Milk Chocolate Cream
- Grilled Seafood Sausages with Beurre Blanc Sauce
- Kataifi-Wrapped Scallops with Shallot-Thyme Sauce and Balsamic Reduction
- Mario's Meatballs
- Osso Bucco Salute
- Pan-Roasted Hanger Steak on Toasted Country Bread
- Pan-Roasted Poussin with Kale, Creamed Corn, Scallion Wheat Pancake and Rosemary-Maple Chili sauce
- Raspberry Curd Galette, Gastrique with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Roasted Oysters with Shallots and Herbs
- Sautéed Shrimp and Broccoli with Egg White
- Shrimp–Egg White Frittata with Fingerling Home Fries
- Stinging Nettles Soup with New Orleans Gulf Shrimp, Sorrel and Yogurt
- Tuna au Poivre with Caramelized Cauliflower, Bacon–Red Wine Sauce
- Warm Chocolate-Hazelnut Cake with Frangelico Cream
Restaurant: Kellari Seafood Taverna
- Two 8-ounce halibut fillets, skin on
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 4 to 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 whole tomato
- 1 Spanish onion
- 8 ounces white wine
- 4 to 6 ounces barrel-aged feta cheese
- Fresh pepper, to taste
- Place the halibut fillets in a roasting pan or casserole dish.
- Rub the fillets with the olive oil and fresh herbs and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Slice the tomato and onion into four 1-inch slices and place them in the bottom of an ovenproof casserole; add the wine and fresh herbs. Place the fillets on top of the vegetables.
- Crumble the feta and spread the pieces on top of the fillets. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Season to taste with pepper.
THESE RECIPES ARE THIRD-PARTY SUBMISSIONS AND ARE PUBLISHED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ANY USE OF THESE RECIPES IS DONE SOLELY AT THE USER’S RISK. USER AGREES THAT THERE ARE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES THAT THESE RECIPES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, SAFE OR ERROR-FREE, AND USER AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS NYC & COMPANY, THE CITY OF NEW YORK, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, AGENTS, OFFICIALS, EMPLOYEES AND ASSIGNS FROM ANY SUCH USE. THE RECIPES ARE PROPERTY OF THE RESPECTIVE OWNERS AND MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED, DISTRIBUTED OR USED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE WITHOUT EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT.