No matter what country your money is from, you won’t have any problems exchanging it for US dollars in New York City. Below are a few places where you can do so:
Located within the Park Central New York hotel, AFEX provides foreign currency exchange at close to market rates and with no fees. Personal and business accounts are offered, with same-day delivery free of charge within New York City. AFEX also provides wire transfers—in foreign currencies as well as US dollars—with low fees. In addition, they buy and sell foreign drafts and precious metals.
American Express Travel Services:
• Macy’s Herald Sq., 35th St. and Broadway entrance, balcony level, NYC 10001; 212-695-8075
• 111 Broadway (at Pine St.), NYC 10006; 212-693-1100
• 822 Lexington Ave. (at 63rd St.), NYC 10021; 212-758-6510
• 200 Vesey St., 3 World Financial Ctr., Lobby Level, NYC 10285; 212-640-5130
• 295 Park Ave. South (at 23rd St.), NYC 10010; 212-691-9797
• 374 Park Ave. (at 53rd St.), NYC 10022; 212-421-8240
Travel Money USA
(855) 959-6968; travelmoneyusa.com
Travel Money USA buys and sells more than 70 currencies in their Midtown Manhattan location—customers can buy USD with their foreign cash, or buy foreign currency for their next destination. Both small and large denominations are available in most currencies, and all transaction sizes are welcomed. Travel Money USA doesn't charge any fees or commissions on foreign exchange transactions, and if they can't beat a rate they'll pay $100 (US) as a part of their "Best Rates Guarantee+." They also send money internationally and domestically, or even across town, using MoneyGram money transfer.