Foursquare Mayor Giveaway Contest
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Foursquare Mayor Giveaway Contest (the "Contest") is open to legal residents of the United States, 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Officers, directors, employees and agents of NYC & Company, Inc. (NYC & Company) and its respective affiliated companies, agencies, and immediate families (collectively, the NYC & Company Affiliates") are void from participation. The Contest is governed by New York State and U.S. law, is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER AND PRIZE REDEMPTION: To enter the Contest sign-up for Foursquare at foursquare.com/signup and download the Foursquare application to your web-enabled cell phone. Then visit NYC & Company’s Official NYC & Company (“ONIC”) located at 810 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10019. In order to win, Entrant must visit the ONIC location multiple times within the Term, sign into Foursquare (the official ONIC Foursquare URL, for purposes of this giveaway, is http://foursquare.com/venue/183056) each time and the first entrant to qualify as the “Mayor” of the ONIC, in accordance with the terms of Foursquare, will qualify as the Winner. In order to claim the prize, the potential prize Winner must come to the ONIC on or before 5:00 pm EST on March 6, 2010 and demonstrate that they are a valid Foursquare user and have been qualified as Mayor. Any questions regarding the determination of the winner will be decided in the sole discretion of NYC & Company, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. All potential winners are subject to verification at the sole discretion of NYC & COMPANY. Winners entry will be void and ineligible for a prize if they are found to altered, forged, tampered with, stolen, un-issued, unauthorized, illegitimately obtained or illegible in any way, or if defective or if they contain printing or other mechanical errors. NYC & COMPANY may require winners to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within specified time period, or the prize may be forfeited.
The Contest begins at 2:00PM EST on March 4, 2010 and ends at 5:00 pm EST on March 6, 2010.
3. PRIZES: There is a total of one (1) prize winner. The eligible prize winner will receive the prize detailed below:
* Two (2) tickets to NYC & Company’s “Oscar Night and the City”. The Event will take place at Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully Hall and it is New York’s first official Oscar viewing gala.
Prizes are non-transferable. NYC & Company will not provide any substitution or cash redemption if Winner is unable to attend the Event. Federal, state and local taxes associated with the acceptance of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Unclaimed or rejected prizes will not be awarded.
4. GENERAL: All federal, state and local laws apply. By participating, entrants agree (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) to be bound by the decisions of NYC & COMPANY, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. NYC & COMPANY is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, garbled or illegible entries; (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by NYC & COMPANY on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or the entrant’s mobile device or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's mobile device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest. NYC & COMPANY reserves the right to permanently disqualify from this Contest any person it believes has violated these Official Rules. By accepting or participating in a prize, each winner irrevocably consents to the use of such winner's name, likeness, image, voice, performance (in connection with interviews and other recordings), biographical information, and statements relating to the Contest or NYC & COMPANY Affiliates, without further compensation, in all world-wide marketing, promotion, and publicity carried out in perpetuity by any of NYC & COMPANY Affiliates in connection with this Contest. NYC & COMPANY reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, virus or other problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest, as determined by NYC & COMPANY in its sole discretion. If any such malfunction, error, disruption or similar damage occurs and impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest, NYC & COMPANY may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the Contest by posting a notice at .
5. DISCLAIMERS: Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall any of NYC & COMPANY or its Affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death, resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. Entrants hereby acknowledge that NYC & COMPANY have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied (including, but not limited to warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize), in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Each winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his/her prize after the winner has accepted the prize at the ONIC location.
6. Winners' Names: For the name of the winner, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: NYC & COMPANY, 810 Seventh Avenue, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10019.
7. Sponsor of Contest: NYC & COMPANY, 810 Seventh Avenue, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10019.