recipes / kataifi-wrapped scallops with shallot-thyme sauce and balsamic reduction
by NYC Editor, 01/27/2009
- Barrel-Aged Feta-Crusted Halibut
- Beef Bourguignon
- Crispy Okra Salad (Kararee Bhindi)
- Dark Chocolate Pear Tart, Milk Chocolate Cream
- Grilled Seafood Sausages with Beurre Blanc Sauce
- Kataifi-Wrapped Scallops with Shallot-Thyme Sauce and Balsamic Reduction
- Mario's Meatballs
- Osso Bucco Salute
- Pan-Roasted Hanger Steak on Toasted Country Bread
- Pan-Roasted Poussin with Kale, Creamed Corn, Scallion Wheat Pancake and Rosemary-Maple Chili sauce
- Raspberry Curd Galette, Gastrique with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Roasted Oysters with Shallots and Herbs
- Sautéed Shrimp and Broccoli with Egg White
- Shrimp–Egg White Frittata with Fingerling Home Fries
- Stinging Nettles Soup with New Orleans Gulf Shrimp, Sorrel and Yogurt
- Tuna au Poivre with Caramelized Cauliflower, Bacon–Red Wine Sauce
- Warm Chocolate-Hazelnut Cake with Frangelico Cream
Ingredients for Kataifi-Wrapped Scallops
- 4 extra-large sea scallops
- 1/3 pound kataifi (shredded) filo dough
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ cup scallions and dill, finely chopped
- Wrap scallops with kataifi filo and sprinkle with melted butter. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 450°F for 15 minutes.
- Cut cooked scallop in half and place in the center of the plate. Cover with the Shallot-Thyme Sauce and drizzle with the Balsamic Reduction (recipes below). Sprinkle with diced tomato, scallions and dill.
Ingredients for Shallot-Thyme Sauce
- 1 medium shallot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 8 ounces white wine
- ½ pound cold butter, cut into chips
Directions for Shallot-Thyme Sauce
- Cook shallot, thyme and wine until completely reduced, so there is no liquid left. Add the iced butter chips and whip continuously. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Ingredients for Balsamic Reduction Sauce
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
Directions for Balsamic Reduction Sauce
- Simmer on medium heat for about 45 minutes or until syrupy.
THESE RECIPES ARE THIRD-PARTY SUBMISSIONS AND ARE PUBLISHED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ANY USE OF THESE RECIPES IS DONE SOLELY AT THE USER’S RISK. USER AGREES THAT THERE ARE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES THAT THESE RECIPES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, SAFE OR ERROR-FREE, AND USER AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS NYC & COMPANY, THE CITY OF NEW YORK, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, AGENTS, OFFICIALS, EMPLOYEES AND ASSIGNS FROM ANY SUCH USE. THE RECIPES ARE PROPERTY OF THE RESPECTIVE OWNERS AND MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED, DISTRIBUTED OR USED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE WITHOUT EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT.