recipes / sautéed shrimp and broccoli with egg white
by NYC Editor, 01/27/2009
- Barrel-Aged Feta-Crusted Halibut
- Beef Bourguignon
- Crispy Okra Salad (Kararee Bhindi)
- Dark Chocolate Pear Tart, Milk Chocolate Cream
- Grilled Seafood Sausages with Beurre Blanc Sauce
- Kataifi-Wrapped Scallops with Shallot-Thyme Sauce and Balsamic Reduction
- Mario's Meatballs
- Osso Bucco Salute
- Pan-Roasted Hanger Steak on Toasted Country Bread
- Pan-Roasted Poussin with Kale, Creamed Corn, Scallion Wheat Pancake and Rosemary-Maple Chili sauce
- Raspberry Curd Galette, Gastrique with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Roasted Oysters with Shallots and Herbs
- Sautéed Shrimp and Broccoli with Egg White
- Shrimp–Egg White Frittata with Fingerling Home Fries
- Stinging Nettles Soup with New Orleans Gulf Shrimp, Sorrel and Yogurt
- Tuna au Poivre with Caramelized Cauliflower, Bacon–Red Wine Sauce
- Warm Chocolate-Hazelnut Cake with Frangelico Cream
Restaurant: Chinatown Brasserie
Chef: Joe Ng
- 8 pieces U-10 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 egg whites
- 5 tablespoon soybean oil
- Pinch plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon peeled and chopped garlic
- 2 ounces king oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 ounces chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground white pepper
- 5 ounces broccoli florets
- Marinate shrimp with 1 egg white, oil, and a pinch of cornstarch. Set aside.
- Preheat wok and add 3 tablespoons of oil. Sauté shrimp until translucent. Remove from heat and set aside. Discard oil, wipe clean and dry wok.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to hot wok. Sauté ginger, scallions and garlic for 20 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and water chestnuts and sauté until crisp. Add chicken stock, salt, sugar and pepper.
- Add shrimp and sauté until hot. Season with more sugar and white pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, dilute cornstarch in 2 ounces of water and stir.
- Add cornstarch solution to vegetables and shrimp mixture in wok, stirring frequently to avoid clumping until sauce lightly thickens. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, steam broccoli florets until bright green but crisp.
- Wipe clean and dry wok. Heat a small amount of oil. Add the remaining egg whites and cook until set.
- Plate the shrimp and vegetables with the eggs layered on top. Surround with broccoli.
THESE RECIPES ARE THIRD-PARTY SUBMISSIONS AND ARE PUBLISHED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ANY USE OF THESE RECIPES IS DONE SOLELY AT THE USER’S RISK. USER AGREES THAT THERE ARE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES THAT THESE RECIPES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, SAFE OR ERROR-FREE, AND USER AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS NYC & COMPANY, THE CITY OF NEW YORK, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, AGENTS, OFFICIALS, EMPLOYEES AND ASSIGNS FROM ANY SUCH USE. THE RECIPES ARE PROPERTY OF THE RESPECTIVE OWNERS AND MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED, DISTRIBUTED OR USED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE WITHOUT EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT.