recipes / shrimp–egg white frittata with fingerling home fries
by NYC Editor, 01/27/2009
- Barrel-Aged Feta-Crusted Halibut
- Beef Bourguignon
- Crispy Okra Salad (Kararee Bhindi)
- Dark Chocolate Pear Tart, Milk Chocolate Cream
- Grilled Seafood Sausages with Beurre Blanc Sauce
- Kataifi-Wrapped Scallops with Shallot-Thyme Sauce and Balsamic Reduction
- Mario's Meatballs
- Osso Bucco Salute
- Pan-Roasted Hanger Steak on Toasted Country Bread
- Pan-Roasted Poussin with Kale, Creamed Corn, Scallion Wheat Pancake and Rosemary-Maple Chili sauce
- Raspberry Curd Galette, Gastrique with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Roasted Oysters with Shallots and Herbs
- Sautéed Shrimp and Broccoli with Egg White
- Shrimp–Egg White Frittata with Fingerling Home Fries
- Stinging Nettles Soup with New Orleans Gulf Shrimp, Sorrel and Yogurt
- Tuna au Poivre with Caramelized Cauliflower, Bacon–Red Wine Sauce
- Warm Chocolate-Hazelnut Cake with Frangelico Cream
Chef: Emile Castillo
Ingredients for Shrimp–Egg White Frittata
- 12 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1¼ pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 16 wedges Oven-Roasted Tomatoes (recipe below)
- ½ bunch (½ pound) spinach
- 4¼ cups egg whites (about 20 eggs)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 20 chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Shrimp–Egg White Frittata
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a medium-size sauté pan over high heat, heat 4 tablespoons of the clarified butter. Sauté the shrimp until they become light pink then add the roasted tomatoes and spinach. Sauté until spinach is wilted (about 30 seconds). Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites with the heavy cream, 12 of the chives, minced, and salt and pepper.
- In a 6-inch oven-safe sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of clarified butter and pour ¼ of the egg-white mixture into the pan. Cook until egg whites are halfway set. Decoratively arrange ¼ of the shrimp mixture on top.
- Put the pan in the oven and cook for about 5–8 minutes to fully set the frittata.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for remaining 3 frittatas.
Ingredients for Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
- 4 plum tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
Directions for Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
- Stem and cut the tomatoes into quarters, season with salt and pepper, drizzle some olive oil over the tomatoes (optional), and roast at 250°F for about 35 minutes.
Ingredients for Fingerling Potato Home Fries
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Fingerling Potato Home Fries
- Boil fingerling potatoes for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into 4 pieces.
- In a sauté pan, sauté the onions in clarified butter until golden brown.
- Add the potatoes and continue to cook until golden brown.
- Add the herbs, salt and pepper.
- In the center of a plate, make a single-layer, 6-inch circle of fingerling potato home fries.
- Slide the frittata out of the sauté pan directly on top of the potatoes.
- Stick two of the chives in the center of the frittata.
THESE RECIPES ARE THIRD-PARTY SUBMISSIONS AND ARE PUBLISHED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ANY USE OF THESE RECIPES IS DONE SOLELY AT THE USER’S RISK. USER AGREES THAT THERE ARE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES THAT THESE RECIPES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, SAFE OR ERROR-FREE, AND USER AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS NYC & COMPANY, THE CITY OF NEW YORK, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, AGENTS, OFFICIALS, EMPLOYEES AND ASSIGNS FROM ANY SUCH USE. THE RECIPES ARE PROPERTY OF THE RESPECTIVE OWNERS AND MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED, DISTRIBUTED OR USED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE WITHOUT EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT.