Architects Thomas Hastings and John Carrere built this storied building from 1904 to 1906, which today is a designated New York City landmark and houses a slew of government and civic offices, including the borough president’s office. The three-story building is recognized for its massive clock tower, which can be seen from the harbor, plus its stately stone center entrance. Inside, the marble lobby features a slew of murals depicting Staten Island history, painted by Frederick Charles Stahr.
- Historic Sites & Landmarks
- Buildings & Skyscrapers