New York – Flatiron District
129 E. 18th St. (at Irving Pl.)
New York, NY 10003
Established in 1864, Pete's is a contender for the City's oldest continuously operating bar. Even Prohibition couldn't prevent the place from closing its doors—it transformed into a speakeasy with a flower shop as its front. Lore has it that O. Henry wrote his 1906 short story "The Gift of the Magi" at one of the front tables. Today, patrons enjoy its burgers and old-school Italian food along with the house brew, Pete's 1864 Original House Ale.