Sheep Meadow, Central Park

{{main.items.length}} photos
{{main.items.length}} photos
Advertisement

As the name implies, this greensward, on the west side of Central Park between 66th and 69th Streets, used to be a hangout for sheep. After Robert Moses ordered them moved to Brooklyn in 1934, human beings became the meadow's primary occupants. On a sunny summer day, as many as 30,000 New Yorkers make their way to the meadow for a respite from the concrete and steel.

West Side, mid-Park
Manhattan, NY


Attractions
Parks & Gardens
Advertisement


Advertisement

From Our Partners