Jan 11 — Jun 14, 2017
This event has already occurred
Fresh off the opening of New York at its Core, the Museum is hosting a new series that features the New York Times' Sarah Maslin Nir in conversation with two New Yorkers about the city's identity, culture and history.
- I Love New York? (January 11) pairs former Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz and Lower East Side folk historian Clayton Patterson.
- Divided in a Diverse City (February 8) examines diversity and the realities of segregation in the city today with New York Times journalist Nikole Hannah-Jones and NYC Council Member Brad Lander.
- New York is My Muse (March 8) explores the city's natural and man-made landscapes with tour guide Speed Levitch and Adrian Benepe, Senior Vice President for The Trust for Public Land.
- Law & Disorder (April 12) matches defense attorney Ronald Kuby and former prisoner, now paralegal Shabaka Shakur in a discussion on the flawed justice system.
- Making It Here (May 10) features Julissa Arce, an undocumented immigrant turned Wall Street executive and AJ Gogia, Little India's "taxi guru".
- I Like the Nightlife, Baby (June 14) showcases drag icon Lady Bunny and pop-up club host Simonez Wolf on the city's ever-evolving nightlife.