Museum of the City of New York
1220 Fifth Ave.Manhattan, NY 10029
Only in New York has already occurred
Fresh off the opening of New York at its Core, the Museum is hosting a new series that features the New York Times' Sarah Maslin Nir in conversation with two New Yorkers about the city's identity, culture and history.
- I Love New York? (January 11) pairs former Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz and Lower East Side folk historian Clayton Patterson.
- Divided in a Diverse City (February 8) examines diversity and the realities of segregation in the city today with New York Times journalist Nikole Hannah-Jones and NYC Council Member Brad Lander.
- New York is My Muse (March 8) explores the city's natural and man-made landscapes with tour guide Speed Levitch and Adrian Benepe, Senior Vice President for The Trust for Public Land.
- Law & Disorder (April 12) matches defense attorney Ronald Kuby and former prisoner, now paralegal Shabaka Shakur in a discussion on the flawed justice system.
- Making It Here (May 10) features Julissa Arce, an undocumented immigrant turned Wall Street executive and AJ Gogia, Little India's "taxi guru".
- I Like the Nightlife, Baby (June 14) showcases drag icon Lady Bunny and pop-up club host Simonez Wolf on the city's ever-evolving nightlife.