To participate in the Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR FOR A CHANCE TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED.
ELIGIBILITY: SWEEPSTAKES OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS OLDER) AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Sponsor: NYC & Company, 810 Seventh Ave., 3rd fl, New York, NY 10019 (“Sponsor”).
2. Administrator: Probability LLC, 2 Woodstock Meadow Ln, PO Box 1484, Woodstock, NY 12498 (“Administrator”).
3. Eligibility: The “It’s Time Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, DC, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older) and who have a valid e-mail account and internet access. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, Mastercard International Incorporated, any organizations or individuals responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes (including but not limited to the management and representation of Celebrities involved in the Sweepstakes as well as such Celebrities personally), or supplying the prizes, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and the immediate family and household members of any of the foregoing individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. (For clarity, employees of member organizations of NYC & Company ARE eligible.) “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. Potential winners will be required to provide proof of eligibility prior to prize award. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. Sweepstakes Schedule: Sweepstakes begins on or about at 12:00:00 pm Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 21, 2021, and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on August 19, 2021 (“Promotion Period”). Eight (8) separate and distinct Sweepstakes entry periods (each, an “Entry Period” and collectively, “Entry Periods”) will take place during the Promotion Period. Each Entry Period will have its own random drawing, with two (2) winners (“Sweepstakes Drawings”) as explained in Rule 6 below. Administrator’s computer is the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
5. Sweepstakes Entry: During the Promotion Period, navigate the internet to https://www.nycgo.com (“Website”) and click on the Sweepstakes banner. First, follow the prompts on the Sweepstakes page to select the things you’d like to do and the places you’d to see during a visit to New York City (“Itinerary”). As explained below, there are three (3) types of Itineraries: User Itinerary; Sponsor Itinerary; Celebrity Itinerary.
(a)User Itinerary. Select a certain number of activity and location options from each designated category of the menu, with no substitutions or modifications being allowed. If the created Itinerary does not meet such criteria, it will NOT be accepted.
(b)Sponsor Itinerary. Select one of the Itineraries which has been curated by Sponsor.
(c)Celebrity Itinerary. Select one of the Itineraries curated by a celebrity.
After creating/selecting an Itinerary, complete the online entry form to enter the Sweepstakes for a chance to win a prize trip to New York City. (On the entry form, you will be asked to provide your full name, e-mail address and zip code; your e-mail address will be used to contact you if you are a potential Prize Winner.)
Creation/selection of an Itinerary alone will NOT result in entry. To enter the Sweepstakes, an individual must complete an official entry form during the same online session as creating/selecting the Itinerary and thereafter submit same.
CLICK THE CHECK BOX SIGNIFYING THAT YOU MEET THE SWEEPSTAKES ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. IF YOU DO NOT CHECK THE BOX INDICATING YOUR CONFIRMATION OF AND AGREEMENT TO THE ABOVE, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTERED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND CANNOT WIN A PRIZE.
To receive up to five (5) additional entries in conjunction with the Itinerary you selected (see Rule 6 below), follow the prompts on the Website and share your Itinerary via e-mail with friends (that is, someone who is personally known to you, who is eligible for the Sweepstakes as per Rule 3 above and whom you believe would be interested in Sponsor and this Sweepstakes. If your friend clicks on the designated hypertext link, opens the e-mail and thereafter enters the Sweepstakes (regardless of the Itinerary selected by your friend), you will receive one (1) additional entry. (Providing the name and e-mail address of a friend, in and of itself, will NOT result in receipt of an additional entry.) You are strongly advised to secure the friend’s permission prior to sharing your Itinerary with them. To the extent applicable, potential winners may be required to provide proof of such consent prior to prize award.
Limit of six (6) entries (i.e., one  entry including an Itinerary and five  for sharing such Itinerary with friends) per person per day. A “day” is defined as starting at 12:00:00 am ET and ending at 11:59:59 pm ET except for the first day (6/21/21) which will begin at 12:00:00 pm ET. Multiple entries in violation of the preceding entry limit and/or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of all entries by such person. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties are prohibited. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same. Should receipt of entry be acknowledged, such acknowledgement does not constitute any representation as to Sweepstakes eligibility, notification of winning nor is it otherwise binding upon Sponsor or Administrator. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
Entries (including Itineraries) and additional Entries (for sharing Itineraries with friends who themselves enter the Sweepstakes) that are, as applicable, incomplete, garbled, corrupted, jumbled, inaccessible, improperly recorded (or not recorded at all) or unintelligible for any reason, including but not limited to computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter (or to share the Itinerary with a friend, as the case may be) will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. By accepting a prize (except where prohibited by law), Winner consents to use by Sponsor and its designees (including prize partner[s]) of their name, city, state, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, permission or approval.
If you choose to participate in the Sweepstakes by using your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
6. Random Drawings/Selection of Winners: Potential prize winners (each a “Prize Winner”, collectively referred to herein as “Prize Winners”) will be selected via random drawing. There will be eight (8) separate random drawings, with one (1) Sweepstakes Drawing and two (2) Prize Winners per Entry Period. All drawings will take place on or about the business day following the conclusion of the applicable Entry Period per the chart above. For each Entry Period Drawing, Administrator will sort eligible entries based on whether the entry contained (or additional entry was associated with) a User Itinerary, on the one hand, or a Sponsor Itinerary or a Celebrity Itinerary on the other. For each Entry Period Drawing, one (1) Prize Winner will be selected from among all eligible entries which contained (or additional entries associated with) a User Itinerary and one (1) Prize Winner will be selected from among all eligible entries which contained (or additional entries associated with) a Sponsor Itinerary or Celebrity Itinerary. (Entries including a User Itinerary, the specific menu options selected to create that Itinerary will not affect the entrant’s eligibility or odds of winning.). Subject to sorting of entries by Administrator based on Itinerary contained therein, each Entry Period Drawing will consist only of all eligible entries received for the corresponding Entry Period Drawing. However, non-winning entries from one Entry Period Drawing WILL be retained for subsequent Entry Period Drawing[s], as applicable, with entries again being sorted based on Itinerary contained therein. All drawings will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization/administrator whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
7. Winner Notification: Potential Prize Winners will be notified by e-mail and or phone on or about the business day following the conclusion of the applicable Entry Period per the chart above and will be required to complete, sign and return within three (3) business days of date on notification an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Indemnification, a Publicity Release where allowed by law, as well as other documents that Sponsor may require (collectively the “Prize Claim Documents”). Failure to respond to the initial notification within three (3) business days after notification, return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after two (2) attempts, or failure to return the completed and signed Prize Claim Documents within the indicated time period will result in disqualification, prize forfeiture and selection of an alternate potential Prize Winner from among all remaining eligible entries received for applicable Entry Period Drawing (for either entries containing/associated with a User Itinerary or entries containing/associated with a Sponsor Itinerary or Celebrity Itinerary, as the case may be).
8. Prizes, Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”) and Odds:
Prizes (two (2) winners per Entry Period, total of sixteen (16) winners): Prize Winner will receive a 4-day/3-night trip for the Winner and one (1) guest to New York City. The prize includes: coach-class air transportation for the Winner and one (1) guest to New York, NY area airport from a major commercial airport near Winner’s residence; 4-day/3-night hotel accommodations (one standard room, double occupancy) in a hotel of Sponsor’s choice in the New York City area; round-trip transportation to and from New York area airport and hotel; one (1) $1,500.00 Mastercard Gift Card which may be used by Winner to participate in activities on Itinerary (or used otherwise). ARV of each prize: $5,000.00.
Actual final value of the prizes may vary depending upon point of departure and fare fluctuations; and, under no circumstances will Winner receive the difference between ARV and actual final value of prize trip in cash (or otherwise). If Prize Winner lives within 150 miles of the New York City area (as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion), he/she will receive, in lieu of air transportation, round-trip local transportation between Winner’s residence and hotel. Prize trip is for the Winner and his/her guest, is non-transferable and cannot be extended beyond the date set forth below. Prize Winner is solely responsible for all other expenses not specified herein, including but not limited to: round-trip transportation between Winner’s residence and departure airport, as well as meals, tips, taxes and hotel incidentals.
Prize trips must be completed by August 31, 2022. Travel dates, as proposed by Prize Winner, must be approved by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize Winner must provide Sponsor with three (3) possible travel dates with at least six (6) weeks’ advance notice prior to the earliest potential date of departure; however, Sponsor’s decision as to actual travel dates is final and binding. (Winner understands and agrees that he/she may not receive his/her first choice of travel date.) Once travel is booked, travel dates cannot be changed unless by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If Winner is unable to travel once the travel dates are booked, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and Sponsor will have no further obligations to such Winner. (To receive Mastercard Gift Card element of prize, Winner must take prize trip.)
If Winner travels without a guest, prize will be awarded in increments only for a single traveler (i.e., the Winner him/herself) but Winner will not receive any substitute prize or compensation in conjunction therewith. For the avoidance of doubt, the preceding includes the Winner only receiving flights for him/herself but will NOT affect the value of the Mastercard Gift Card element of prize.
Guest of the Winner (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign and return a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where legal) prior to issuance of travel documents. Guest who is a minor must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian, who must be the Winner. Winner and his or her guest must travel together on the same itinerary and possess all required travel documents. Air transportation tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All air transportation tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages and schedule or route changes.
Prize Winners and his/her guests must follow all instructions of Sponsor relative to the prize trip. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of the prize. Should Prize Winner and/or guest fail to adhere to any such instructions or engage in unruly, obnoxious, illegal, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate behavior (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), Sponsor reserves the right, without further notice or warning, to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send Prize Winner and/or Winner’s travel guest home and/or take other actions as Sponsor deems appropriate in its sole discretion without any liability or other obligation to Winner or guest. The preceding includes but is not limited to Prize Winner and/or Winner’s travel guest failing to comply with government mandates or protocols established by Sponsor and/or any prize supplier so as to prevent the spread of Covid-19/Coronavirus, including, by way of example only, failure to wear a mask, engage in social distancing, complete a health questionnaire, undergo a Covid-19/Coronavirus test or show proof of vaccination (if and as applicable).
Mastercard Gift Card may be redeemed for goods or services anywhere in the US where Mastercard debit cards are accepted as a form of payment, but cannot be used to obtain cash. Mastercard Gift Card is not subject to any activation, usage, dormancy or other fees nor is it reloadable. Use of Mastercard Gift Card is subject to Mastercard Gift Card/Virtual Account Cardholder and Virtual Accountholder Agreement.
SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE REGARDING ANY ELEMENT OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTY OR MERCHANTABILTY OR FITNESS FOR THE INTENDED PURPOSE. THE ONLY WARRANTIES—IF ANY—ARE THOSE OF THE PRIZE MANUFACTURER/SERVICE PROVIDER/PRIZE SUPPLIER.
9. Additional Prize Restrictions: Limit one (1) of prize per person/family/household. No substitution or transfer of prize except with Sponsor’s permission or where required by law. Sponsor in its sole discretion may award a substitute prize or prize component of equal or greater value if advertised prize/prize component is unavailable at time of awarding for any reason. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. He/she will be issued an IRS 1099 Tax Form for the fair market value of prize won; and, Winner agrees to fully cooperate with Sponsor/Administrator in conjunction with the fulfillment of all government reporting requirements, including provision of his/her Social Security number via IRS W9 Tax Form.
10. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor and its agencies (including Administrator) are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to human, typographical, printing or electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor's control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or disqualify any individual who tampers with (or attempts to tamper with) the entry process/operation of the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof). In such event, Sponsor shall conduct the Sweepstakes and make the affected prize(s) available for affected Sweepstakes Drawing(s) in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of cancellation/termination/modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted on the Website. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, recordation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, or electronic entry to be received or recorded on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile phone/device (or data/information stored thereon) related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes.
The Released Parties (as defined in Rule 11 below) are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable or do not reach entrant as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in a potential winner’s e-mail or voicemail inbox to receive e-mail or voicemail messages. Released Parties are not responsible, and will disqualify you, if your e-mail address or other contact information does not work or is changed without prior written notice to Sponsor/Administrator.
Participants agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE(S) OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE OR AN INDIVIDUAL OTHERWISE ATTEMPTS TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
11. Release and Additional Conditions of Participation: By participating, participants agree to be bound by and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Mastercard International Incorporated, each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies (including the management and representation of Celebrities involved in the Sweepstakes as well as such Celebrities personally), organizations/individuals supplying the prizes and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns, as well as Facebook, Inc., and Twitter, Inc. (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, death, loss or damage to person(s) or property arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, possession, receipt or use/misuse of any prize. By participating, participants also authorize the Sponsor and its designees (including prize providers) to use the participant’s name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence in programming, advertising, trade and/or promotional material or on a winners’ list (if applicable) without compensation or notice, to the extent permitted by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without obligation or compensation.
12. DISPUTES: To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or the awarding of the prizes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts within the County of New York, State of New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased as well as waiving any rights to an injunction or other forms of equitable relief. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
14. Winners’ List: For the names of Winners, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “The It's Time Winners” in the subject line, for receipt no later than 8/31/2021 at 5:00 pm ET.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.