- Skip the line
- Likely to Sell Out
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
In remembrance of September 11, 2001, this walking tour takes you through the former World Trade Center in New York City, where the events of 9/11 took place. You'll be guided by New Yorkers who have connections to that day, listening to their personal stories and touching accounts of the heroism of many others.
Your tour starts at St. Paul's Chapel, the oldest public building in NYC still in continuous use, which miraculously survived the falling debris from the 9/11 attacks despite being one block away. It became a makeshift rescue center during the aftermath, and its iron fence became a bulletin board where family members posted notices of missing loved ones. Today, with the mementos received from people around the world supporting New York, the church serves as a tribute. As you continue to the Firefighter's 9/11 Memorial Wall, hear the heroic stories of the emergency responders, and see the Engine and Ladder Company 10/10, the fire station at Ground Zero.
Enter the 9/11 Memorial, where you can pay your respects to those who lost their lives in the World Trade Center. See the Reflecting Absence Memorial, the man-made waterfall inside the memorial, symbolizing the vast void left by the tragedy. Read the names of the nearly 3,000 victims placed around the waterfall next to their friends, family members, and colleagues, and see the new World Trade Center rise from the ground. At the conclusion of your tour, your guide provides you with a timed entry ticket to minimize your wait time at the museum, which you'll enter first, followed by the observatory.
Your museum entry time is about 12pm for the 10:30am tour or 3:30pm for the 2pm tour (select your preferred tour time when booking), but this can vary depending on availability. Your guide gives you a preview of the museum and what to expect so you can optimize your time spent inside and not miss seeing things important to you. Your visit is self-guided, so you'll explore at your own pace to see artifacts from the attacks and hear recordings from people who were there that day.
One World Observatory
After leaving the museum, head to One World Trade Center, named Freedom Tower, to visit the One World Observatory. This panoramic observation deck is a marvel of engineering and architecture. The program begins in the lobby with 'Voices,' a film dedicated to the men and women of the towers. Then take the Sky Pod elevator, which rises 1,250 feet in less than 60 seconds.
Immersive LED displays, interactive touch-screen video, and dining options give you plenty to experience, but the true draw is the view as you stand hundreds of feet above the New York City skyline stretching across all of Manhattan.
Your observatory entry time is after your museum visit: typically 2pm for the 10:30am tour or 5:30pm for the 2pm tour.
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour operates rain or shine. A large portion of this tour is outdoors, so please dress appropriately and be prepared for the weather. The tour may be rescheduled in the event of poor conditions; in the rare case of downpours or unreasonable weather, the tour will be canceled and you will be offered a refund. However, the One World Observatory and 9/11 Museum tickets cannot be rescheduled since they are date/time specific
- 9/11 Museum policy: You will get a timed entry into the 9/11 Museum. Depending on availability, your ticket may be for immediately after your walking tour conclusion or some time later. The museum reserves the right not to admit you if you are early or late. You cannot re-enter the museum. There is a security checkpoint upon entering the museum. All large bags will need to be left at the coat check. You can bring in food and beverages must consume them in the Atrium level. No flash photography is allowed. No talking on cell phones
- Freedom Tower policy: Tickets are only available for a specific date and time and cannot be used at any other time. The date will be the same date as the selected tour date. Typically, the entry time for the 10:30am tour is 2pm; the 2pm tour typically has an entry time of 5:30pm. The actual entry time may vary based on availability. In the case of no availability, you will be notified by the local tour operator to select another date, another tour, or a refund
Terms & Conditions
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Outside of St. Paul's Chapel on Broadway
Tour ends at One World Observatory