- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free snacks included
- Ideal choice for families
- Family friendly
Meet at Grand Central Station and take the subway up to the Bronx, the New York City borough just north of Manhattan. Hop out to explore this area by foot.
First, learn the history of Belmont and Fordham Road and how generations of Italian, Irish, and other immigrants shaped the history of the Bronx. Then shop and sample optional culinary treats in Bronx's Little Italy. Belmont Avenue and Arthur Avenue are known as New York's culinary center for authentic Italian bakeries, butcher shops, fish markets, specialty stores and more.
At the end of your tour, your guide can point you in the direction of more nearby treasures in the area, including the Bronx Zoo and the New York Botanical Gardens.
- Professional guide
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please purchase your Metro North Railroad Off-Peak Ticket before your tour. Metro North Railroad tickets are sold at Grand Central Station. When purchasing tickets, select ticket destination to Fordham Station. For those of you who are returning to Manhattan and other boroughs, purchase a roundtrip ticket.
- Please note this is not a food tour. Samples are provided at certain stores.
Terms & Conditions
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Grand Central Station