- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Family friendly
Visit: Brooklyn Museum, 200 Eastern Pkwy, Brooklyn, NY 11238-6099
Brooklyn Museum is one of the oldest and largest art museums in the United States. Its roots extend back to 1823 and the founding of the brooklyn Apprentices' Library to educate young tradesmen (Walt Whitman would later become one of its librarians).
The Brooklyn Museum was conceived as the focal point of a planned cultural, recreational, and educational district for the burgeoning city of Brooklyn. Although the scope of that envisioned complex of parks, gardens, and buildings changed after the once-independent Brooklyn was absorbed into New York City in 1898, many features of the plan were eventually realized and are reflected in what can be seen today.
In recent years, the Museum has focused on redesigning its galleries and reinstalling its major collections to make them more accessible to the public. Flowing spaces, vivid wall colors, dramatic graphic elements, and multimedia components feature in many of these reconfigured galleries.
The collections of American painting and sculpture, with significant additions from Spanish colonial and Native American art, were reorganized in 2001 to form the long-term installation “American Identities: A New Look” within completely reconceived gallery spaces.
With a mission to create inspiring encounters with art that expand the ways we see ourselves, the world and its possibilities, visiting this museum is an educational and cultural experience not to be missed!
- Public tours of special and permanent collection
- 10% off at gift shop
- Entry/Admission - Brooklyn Museum
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Additional fees may apply for special exhibitions
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Brooklyn Museum, 200 Eastern Pkwy, Brooklyn, NY 11238-6099
8/2/2020 - 8/1/2021
|Wednesday:||11:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Thursday:||11:00 AM - 10:00 PM|
|Friday:||11:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Saturday:||11:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Sunday:||11:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
2 to 5 hours