- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Over 320 feature Hollywood films have been shot here on location, making it the single most popular “on location” movie spot in the world. And it’s no coincidence- Central Park was carefully designed to be beautifully aesthetic, with nature scenes of streams, ponds, bridges, and hills unfolding around every curve. Your tour route follows many of these well-known Hollywood productions. The park borders many famous luxury apartment buildings that are home to celebrities who will be discussed on tour.
One of New York City’s greatest treasures, Central Park is considered to be the personal "backyard" of the many New Yorkers who enjoy a great variety of recreational activities in the park. Central Park is where city dwellers go to decompress from the stress of urban life, and every year the city celebrates many of its greatest traditions in the park. In addition to being the location of the finish line of 50,000 runner-strong New York City Marathon, it is the home to many charitable events and corporate race challenges, such as the Susan G. Komen Race for The Cure. Summer activities in the park include free concerts and live performances by the New York Philharmonic and Metropolitan Opera, as well as contemporary music and theatrical performances at Summer Stage and at the Shakespeare in the Park Festival. Winter activities include ice skating on the famed Wollman Rink. There is literally never a time when there is nothing to do in this great community resource.
Central Park Tour includes all the following!
- 2 hour guided tour with an entertaining, highly rated NYC guide of the greatest park in American history
- Be blown away by the unprecedented landscape design team of Olmstead and Vaux
- See the locations of Hollywood movies filmed in the park
- Be amazed by the design and acoustics of the Bethesda Terrace Arcade and stroll The Mall, a famous promenade
- Visit the Loeb Boathouse overlooking The Lake, and view world-famous sculptures, The Indian Hunter and Angel of the Waters
- Walk through The Ramble, a densely wooded section of the park, and view the scenic Sheep Meadow, followed by the Bow Bridge, voted the most romantic spot in New York City. Be sure to get a photo with your loved one (and/or tour guide) there
- View the famous apartment buildings of Central Park West, and hear about the celebrities who live there. Pay tribute to the great Beatles icon John Lennon at Strawberry Fields, the most visited spot in the park
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children 12 and under free with paid adult ticket
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Entrance of Central Park (specific location provided on voucher)
Tour ends at 72nd Street and Central Park West/ 8th Ave (near Strawberry Fields).