Aboard the yachts, experience a comfortable and unique tour through the Hudson, East, and Harlem Rivers from the climate-controlled and enclosed back-deck observatory or wander to the outer decks for fresh air and sunlight. Guests are treated to a complimentary beer, wine or champagne from the bar & light snacks as well as soda, water, tea or coffee. On this cruise, you will circumnavigate the island of Manhattan (passing under all 18 bridges) while taking in monuments, architecture, parks and infrastructure.
- Fully narrated tour
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Your tour starts at Chelsea Piers, where you'll hop aboard the Manhattan or Manhattan II, which provides a climate-controlled and enclosed back-deck observatory as well as outer decks where you can enjoy fresh air and sunlight. As you glide along the Hudson, East, and Harlem rivers, enjoy an included soda, beer, or glass of wine or sparkling wine from the bar. Hors d'oeuvres and water, tea, or coffee are also available.
As you circle the island of Manhattan (passing under all 18 bridges), admire views of New York City monuments, architecture, parks, and infrastructure. Hosted and narrated by a member of the American Institute of Architects, your cruise features themes and topics such as the planning visions for both reclaiming the post-industrial waterfront, as the '6th Borough,' and addressing rising sea levels.
Receive insightful coverage of Manhattan's classic spires, including the Chrysler Building and Woolworth Building, as well as a sharp focus on the new World Trade Center buildings and recent 'starchitecture' boom, including buildings by Frank Gehry and other noted international and local architects. See how the greater waterfront access allowed by new parks and recreation piers includes ecologically driven features designed by leading landscape architects.
Admire the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the newest waterfront monument: Roosevelt Island's Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms Park. Pass by NYC's engineering masterpieces — the Brooklyn Bridge and George Washington Bridge — as well as lesser-known 'swing bridges' along the Harlem River. See the adaptation of the High Line as an elevated, linear park and learn about its role in the development of West Chelsea and Hudson Yards. And learn about the story of post-WWII urban renewal and public housing along the waterfronts of the Lower East Side and East Harlem.
- 1 complimentary beverage and a light refreshment
- Gratuity is not included in the price of your cruise, but recommended.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Guarantee of a full circumnavigation of Manhattan is not included. On rare occasions, the Spuyten Duyvil train bridge is inoperable and cannot open for us to pass through. This is often times not known until our tour is underway. River closures may also occur for a number of reasons. There are no refunds for tours that cannot fully circumnavigate. We will accommodate such cases with a tour that features a double backing of the route and further detail of the waterfront sites.
Terms & Conditions
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
2 hours 45 minutes