We believe in Food Tour Freedom. Choose what you like and how much. Started by a caring local these unique larger group tours are like a fun excursion. Great New York cheap eats in the East Village! Our very different from the standard food tours have hosted about 40,000 guests and have won the TripAdvisor Certificate Of Excellence seven years in a row. Our format allows you to meet/mingle with others from around the world on our unique subway/walking eating experiences. Reviewers say take the tour early in your trip for our unbiased restaurant recommendations as we help our guests potentially save hundreds of dollars while they eat great and save real money. Tour includes about 5 stops in one of the great eating neighborhoods in Manhattan. Venture away from the tourist areas with multiple cuisine stops including at least one sweet stop. Food On Foot Tours is a member of the TripAdvisor Hall Of Fame!
This quality fresh food eating tour in one of New York's greatest eating neighborhoods is a different experience from standard food tours. You are on a real eating tour for those who love food and want to experience real New York eating. This is not a sampling tour and you do not stand on the corner and get a piece of cheese, leaving you wanting more. Ticket includes a $15 food credit. You choose what you like and how much by purchasing small items at each stop while spending just $15 to $20 on average for food on the tour and the tour will replace a restaurant meal. Since this is first and foremost an eating tour you will experience the city and its eateries the same way New Yorkers do - by subway and on foot.
The tour is relaxed and informal as you walk the neighborhoods of real non-tourist New York and make friends with others from around the world. Part of the fun of the tour is that each stop is a surprise but you are not obligated to purchase items at any location. There are usually many choices at each location. Many stops are at smaller places so there is both inside and outside eating on each tour and walking with food. Enjoy a uniquely different experience and tour. See and eat New York like a New Yorker!
- Licensed local professional guide
- Subway/Walking tour
- Subway tips after you book to help you save money on your trip
- Unbiased restaurant recommendations on the tour to help you eat like a local and save money for your entire trip
- $15 Food Credit (You Make Your Own Choices On Our Tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transportation to/from attractions (MetroCard-Subway Pass required for the tour). Eat Village Variety Guided Food Tour requires one ride if you are staying in the East Village or two rides if you are going somewhere else after the tour. Complete instructions and subway tips to help you save money on your trip are sent within 24 to 48 hours after you book the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years old.
- Vegetarian option is available at most stops.
- Gluten free options available but limited.
- This is a real eating tour and not a sampling tour so you make your own choices on the tour which may be helpful for those with restrictions.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved and all walking is within one neighborhood.
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caregiver.
- Operates rain or shine, please dress appropriately
Terms & Conditions
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
East Village Variety Guided Tours meet at Grand Central Terminal (Outside).
3 hours 30 minutes
Tours end in the neighborhood they take place in. Guide provides subway and/or walking directions to wherever you need to go.