- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Begin your tour in the cultural heart of Harlem, where you'll learn about the roots of African-American gospel culture and the experience from which gospel music emerged. You'll also learn about how gospel music influence American culture from blues, jazz, and rock 'n' roll to the Civil Rights movement.
The highlight of your tour is stepping inside a church to listen to a soul-stirring Harlem gospel choir.
Highlights of the tour could include:
- The world-famous Apollo Theater
- The Hotel Theresa
- Adam Clayton Powell Jr State Office Building
- Beautiful homes and churches
- Sites associated with Harlem Renaissance
- Sites associated with Martin Luther King and Malcolm X
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual. Part of this tour will take place inside a church. Out of respect for the congregation hosting us, please dress appropriately and refrain from wearing flip-flops, tank tops and shorts
Terms & Conditions
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info