From rural outpost to what is now one of northern Manhattan's most desirable neighborhoods, Hamilton Heights is named after Alexander Hamilton, one of America's founding fathers. Explore this historic district which features lush, tree-lined streets, turn-of-the-century architecture, religious edifices, and historic sites.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Family friendly
On this 2-hour walking tour of Hamilton Heights Historic District you will learn about development of area and see impressive exteriors of 19th century row houses and institutions. View neo-Gothic landmark City University of New York campus and visit the Hamilton Grange, Alexander Hamilton’s summer home. You'll also see former residences of some of Harlem’s notable residents associated with Jazz and the Harlem Renaissance.
- Guided tour by licensed tour guide and Harlem resident
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a walking tour. Wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- This tour focuses on neighborhood history. It does not include visit to church or music.
- Tour may be moderately difficult for the physically challenged.
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Hamilton Heights-Sugar Hill