Today, the area's topography still bears evidence of centuries past with rolling hills, wooded parks, and waterfront views, but amidst grand historic apartment houses and cultural institutions, a vibrant American-Dominican culture and street life now defines Washington Heights.
- Family friendly
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Morris-Jumel Mansion, 65 Jumel Ter Washington Heights, New York City, NY 10032-5360
The Morris–Jumel Mansion or Morris House is a Federal style museum home in northern Manhattan with mid-eighteenth century roots.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Hispanic Society of America, 613 W 155th St at Broadway, New York City, NY 10032-7501
The Hispanic Society of America is a museum and reference library for the study of the arts and cultures of Spain and Portugal and their former colonies in Latin America, the Philippines and Portuguese India.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Harlem One Stop Walking Tours, 502 W 142nd St Ground Floor, New York City, NY 10031-6163
On this Washington Heights to Sugar Hill walking tour, your guide will take you on an informative walk through North Harlem. Learn about the development of area from rural countryside and estates, and the site of the revolutionary war, to what is now the center of New York's Dominican community.
We will pass by the Church of the Intercession & Trinity Cemetery – the resting place of some of New York City’s aristocracy and politicos who shaped the development of New York City.
Visit the Morris-Jumel Mansion and The Hispanic Society of America. See former residences of some of Harlem’s notable residents associated with the Harlem Renaissance.
Leave with a new understanding of this unique New York neighborhood. This tour is led by a Harlem local and great for all ages.
Duration: 2 hours
- Guided tour by licensed tour guide and Harlem resident
- Entry/Admission - Morris-Jumel Mansion
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a walking tour. Wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- This tour focuses on neighborhood history. It does not include visit to church or music.
- Tour may be moderately difficult for the physically challenged.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
1000 St Nicholas Ave, New York, NY 10032, USA
898 St Nicholas Ave, New York, NY 10032, USA