- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Led by a local guide
- Free drinks included
- Dinner included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Harlem, 110th to 150th streets, New York City, NY
Come and relive the high-stepping, fun-loving nights of the 1920s! Join us for a great night out in Immortal Harlem. Tour the neighborhood with one of our professional city guides and learn about Harlem's role in the history of Jazz in addition to the roles of its most noted jazz musicians who gave New York its musical edge.
See the site of the original Cotton Club, where Duke Ellington and Lena Horne spent hours wowing crowds from around the world. Drive past the site of the Savoy Ballroom where Benny Goodman and Chick Webb fought it out during their "Battle of the Bands," and where the Charleston, "Lindy Hop" and the "Big Apple" dances were firmly cemented into American culture.
Pass by the world-famous Apollo Theater, where Sarah Vaughan and Ella Fitzgerald won the popular "Amateur Night" and Minton's Playhouse, where bebop was born and where Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, and Thelonious Monk started the tradition of musical jam sessions.
Discover one of Harlem's hottest clubs, where jam sessions and musical collaborations go on into the wee hours of the morning.
Dinner* is at Sylvia's legendary restaurant - "The Queen of Soul Food" (Family style dining).
On Mondays, swing dance the night away to the beat of a terrific, twelve-piece band. Free dance lesson included! We pick up the tab for your first two drinks at the Jazz club.
On Thursdays, experience the essence of Harlem and enjoy the convivial atmosphere as you mingle freely with the locals, while enjoying the sounds of a jazz or rythm & blues band. We also pick up the tab for your first two drinks at the Jazz club.
*What is "Soul Food?"
Soul Food is the traditional African American cuisine that originated in the South of the United States. It consists of spicy ribs, collard greens, freshly cooked corn bread, black eye peas, and not to mention the best crispy fried chicken!
Duration: 5 hours
- Knowledgeable and professional guide
- Cover charge for the Jazz club
- Family-style Soul Food dinner
- Two complimentary drinks at the club
- Subway ticket and return by minivan
- Drinks (during dinner)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
690 8th Ave, New York, NY 10036, USA
Returns to original departure point