- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Family friendly
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Apollo Theater, 253 W 125th St, New York City, NY 10027-4408
The symbol of the Harlem Renaissance of the 1920s, the Apollo is still the place to perform in Harlem.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Morris-Jumel Mansion, 65 Jumel Ter Washington Heights, New York City, NY 10032-5360
Manhattan's oldest house, somewhat of an aberration in the modern neighborhood of Washington Heights, served as a command post for George Washington.
Pass By: Strivers' Row, W. 138th and W. 139th Sts. between Adam Clayton Powell Jr. and Frederick Douglass Blvds. Harlem, New York City, NY
W. 138th and W. 139th Sts. between Adam Clayton Powell Jr. and Frederick Douglass Blvds., Harlem, New York City, NY
Pass By: Cotton Club, 656 W 125th St, New York City, NY 10027-2302
World famous nightclub and restaurant
Pass By: Sylvan Terrace Next To Morris Jumel Mansion, New York City, NY 10032
Aquaint and unexpected cobblestone street of 19th century wooden rowhouses.
- Harlem tour
- Walking tour of residential sections
- Gospel service
- Meals (unless brunch option is selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- Church services may be held in the Bronx, however the tour will still cover the Harlem itinerary
- Shorts and tank tops are not allowed to be worn on this tour. Harlem Spirituals Inc. reserves the right to refuse clients improperly dressed and will not refund the service
- What is "Soul Food"
- Soul Food is traditional African American cuisine that originated in the South in the United States. Today it has become a highly sought after cuisine. It consists of spicy ribs, collard greens, fried fish and chicken, freshly cooked corn bread, and a few side dishes like black eye peas, okra, or macaroni and cheese to mention a few.
- Do the tours include walking?
- Guests are invited to take walks through the neighborhoods visited. The average walk is about 15 minutes.
- Are the tours wheelchair friendly?
- With advance notice, wheelchair bound customers with some mobility can be accommodated in the front rows of the tour bus with their wheelchairs folded away in the luggage compartment. It is mandatory that someone accompany customers with special needs to assist them onto the coach.
- For passengers with no mobility or a non foldable wheelchairs we recommend giving at least 3 weeks notice so that we can secure a coach with a wheelchair lift.
- Wheelchair lifts are 49" X 28" and can carry a maximum weight limit of 700lbs. We kindly ask that you submit the dimensions and model of the chair as our lift may not be able to accommodate scooters and other large sized electric chairs. A maximum of one person in a wheelchair can be accommodated per bus.
- Private tours are available with accessible ramp transportation.
- Many of the churches that we visit have steps. In order to accommodate their wheelchair bound congregation members churches use portable mobility ramps.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
690 8th Ave, New York, NY 10036, USA
Returns to original departure point