- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
It’s no secret that Brooklyn is where it’s at right now. With young, dynamic DIY Brooklynites creating exciting culture throughout the County of Kings, there is enough to see and do without crossing the bridge into Manhattan. On our graffiti and street art tour of Brooklyn, we'll walk and take the subway between two very different, distinct neighborhoods - DUMBO and Bushwick - to understand how graffiti and street art lead to gentrification and commercialization.
More than just a "This is a wheatpaste. This is a throw-up," point-and-click kind of tour experience, our 3-hour Brooklyn Street Art and Graffiti tour takes into account the socio-economic histories of these neighborhoods and how various real estate interests and the cultural power of hipsters can transform whole neighborhoods and cities. We'll also explain the nuts and bolts of street art - the difference between tagging, bombing, murals, and street art on our Brooklyn street art and neighborhood tour.
From DUMBO - Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass - lined with cobblestone streets and chic boutiques, to formerly blighted Bushwick, home of craft breweries, fashionista shops, and artisanal chocolatiers – tremendous graffiti and street art is happening on (and inside) buildings bursting with energy. If time and scehdules permit, we can visit an artisanal chocolate factory located in a former parking space between two factory buildings and/or local boutiques and art galleries, depending on availability. Alongside Bushwick,
However, with all this change, local working-class residents often find themselves having to adapt and move out of what was once a thriving immigrant hub. Once the working-class leaves the working-class neighborhood, what happens next? These are the questions you'll be able to answer on our 3-hour Brooklyn Street Art tour while comparing and contrasting these similar but very different Brooklyn-based artistic communities.
- Private tour of NYC by foot and subway
- Informative, friendly, professional guide
- Helpful navigation of the NYC subway
- Assistance in purchasing a NYC subway MetroCard
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Price shown is per group
- Please specify whether guide meets at hotel or a different meeting location.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Your guide can arrange pick-up at your NYC hotel or agreed upon central meeting point