Chelsea Market and the High Line are two of NYC's best attractions! This food and history tour features incredible insights and stories as well as some delicious food and fantastic NYC views. Plus our tour guides are truly entertaining and it's enough food for lunch!
Did you know that although the area was originally residential, markets have existed in the district since the 1840s. People moved into tenements in the Meatpacking District in the 1820s to escape epidemics in what was then the main part of New York. In 1900, 250 slaughterhouses and packing plants filled the district; by the 1930s, those houses produced the nation’s third-largest volume of dressed meats. Five meatpacking companies still operate in the district. Boutiques and bars are more common than rump roasts these days, and the neighborhood continues to evolve almost daily.
Food included on the tour:
• Sandwich from Cappone's Salumeria or slice of pizza from Filaga
• Sarabeth’s biscuit & jam
• Doughnuttery doughnut
• Little 'witch from Fat Witch Bakery
• Empanada (flavors like coconut curry chicken, blue crab, pancetta mac and cheese, and more!)
• How hot can you go?! Guided hot sauce tasting by a hot sauce "sommelier"
• Quick little shopping adventure with introduction and tote bag at Artists & Fleas
• Can indulge in beer or wine (additional cost)
• Stops are subject to change at any time
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Tours run rain, snow or shine!
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Meet your guide 10 minutes before the tour starts outside Buddakhan Restaurant on the corner of 16th Street and 9th Avenue (address is 75 9th Avenue). In case of inclement weather, please wait inside the vestibule of Chelsea Market. The tour guide will find you. They will be holding a Like A Local sign. If you are running late, you must let us know as a courtesy to the fellow attendees.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday 10am-12:30pm