- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Local actors will take you on a fascinating walking tour of several Greenwich Village bars that are rich with literary history. Inside each bar, you’ll relax and have time for a drink as your tour guides weave fantastic tales of the history of the establishment and of some of the greatest authors who have hung out, drank and written there- writers who helped shape both the village and the world. Along the way you’ll stop at unique sites that are literary, historical, or alcoholic in nature. Add some passionate recitations, charmingly dashing guides, and a buttload* of wit – this is a tour not to miss.
*is an actual form of measurement for alcohol. 1 butt load = 126 gallons or 2 hogshead
- Local taxes
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Many pubs are cash only.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
Terms & Conditions
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
(location provided on voucher)
Corner of 7th Avenue and Grove Street