See Times Square in a whole new light as your guides lead you back into the past and share with you the stories of the writers, artists, poets, performers, journalists and even gangsters who shaped the Mystique of New York City, and transformed Times Square into the most famous Square in the World.Times Square is ripe with literary, artistic and cultural history. From Dorothy Parker to J.D. Salinger, the beats and the Great White Way, the New Yorker Magazine to the Algonquin Round Table - so much of what we know and think of about New York City were shaped by the writers, the players, and the drinkers that roamed the streets in Times Square.
We'll point out the sites, we'll sip a few drinks, we'll wander the streets and we'll perform some snippets of some of their works. We'll also toss in some gangsters and Baseball!
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get inside tips from a local
Your tour begins at 1:30pm in Times Square. From there your guides will take you on a fascinating walking tour of several Times Square bars that are rich with literary history. Inside each bar, you’ll relax and have time for a drink as your tour guides weave fantastic tales of the history of the establishment and of some of the greatest authors who have hung out, drank and written there- writers who helped shape both the village and the world. Along the way you’ll stop at unique sites that are literary, historical, or alcoholic in nature. Add some passionate recitations, charmingly dashing guides, and a buttload* of wit – this is a tour not to miss.
*is an actual form of measurement for alcohol. 1 butt load = 126 gallons or 2 hogshead
- Tours are Saturdays and Sundays.
- Private tours available upon request.
- Looking for a Friday tour? Check out our Greenwich Village Literary Pub Crawl
- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
(location provided on voucher)
Tour ends by Algonquin Hotel