Upon arrival, join a docent for a tour inside the National Historic Landmark, the first great Jewish house of worship built by Eastern European immigrants in America. Hear of the 20-year efforts to restore the synagogue to the glory that you see today.
Dive into the story of immigrant life on the Lower East Side, admiring authentic Yiddish signs, ritual objects, archival documents, and excerpts from the museum's collection of oral histories. See photographs that tell the incredible family stories from the wave of Jewish migration to the Lower East Side, and marvel at the monumental stained-glass window—the only 21st-century addition to this magnificent landmark.
Guests are welcome to spend additional time after the tour seeing the exhibits.
- Professional guide
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please arrive about 10 minutes before the schedule tour start time. (Note that museum doors do not open until 10 am, so no need to arrive early for the 10 am tour.)
- Upon arrival, please check in the at the admissions desk and provide the name on your booking.
- The guided tour will be conducted in English, but self-guide material is available in the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, German, English, French, Hebrew, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Museum at Eldridge Street