- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Step back in time on a history tour
Founded in 1980, Museum of Chinese in America was created to develop a better understanding of our Chinese American history and community. The museum has become an integral resource to continuing the tradition of oral history, photo documentation, research and collection.
With your admission, you'll uncover the history of one of New York City’s oldest neighborhoods! Upgrade your ticket to include a walking tour of Chinatown (departs at 1pm). This walking tour focuses on how everyday buildings and places of historical significance reflect and shape a community from its origins as a Native American village of Werpoes Hill in 1600 to one of the fastest growing immigrant communities of present day New York City.
The tour begins inside the Museum of Chinese in America (MOCA). The guide will take visitors down Centre Street past Canal Street to Columbus Park, near the original "Five Points of New York." Afterward, the tour proceeds into the heart of traditional Chinatown through Pell Street and Doyer Street, deemed as the "bloody angle" by the sensationalized news media covering the Chinese "tong wars." The tour ends by Chatham Square where the Kimlau Square is dedicated to honor Ralph Kimlau, a Chinese-American bomber pilot who died serving his country in World War II. Highlighted sites include the oldest streets of Chinatown, a Catholic church with masses held in Chinese, the oldest general store in Chinatown, and a Chinese eatery that catered to the needs of Chinatown’s turn-of-the-century “bachelor society.”
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Walking tour of Chinatown (if option selected)
- Lunch (dim sum add-on available for purchase on weekdays)
- Drinks (water available for purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply for walking tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Lobby of the Museum of Chinese in America (MOCA)
1 to 2 hours
Tour ends in Chinatown at the intersection of Doyer Street and Bowery Street, by Chatham Square.