inside Battery Park at the Hudson River (enter across from 17 State St.)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Head to the North Cove Marina on the Hudson River in Lower Manhattan in late afternoon to board the 48-passenger Shearwater, your classic sailing vessel for the afternoon. A beautiful sailboat built in 1929 from native hardwoods, the Shearwater is one of New York City’s only floating designated landmarks. Your expert crew will explain the story behind this interesting historical fact.
If you're up for it, help raise the sails or take a turn at the helm. Then, take a seat or relax on the wraparound deck as you set sail along New York Harbor. Have your camera ready as you enjoy views of the Brooklyn Heights and Manhattan skylines, as well as the Red Hook neighborhood, Battery Park, the Verrazano Bridge, Governors Island, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
During your sail, you’ll be served four wines, starting with some reds and whites and finishing with a Prosecco. The lineup constantly changes and is often themed, but the wines are always handpicked from your expert host, so you’ll get a comprehensive taste of some of the oldest and best-known wine labels from around the world.
Pair your wine with cheese and charcuterie sourced from a popular Brooklyn shop specializing in high-end, unique cheeses and meats. Tastings vary week to week, but generally include a variety of meats, medium-soft and hard cheeses, plus dried fruits, nuts and cornichons.
Savor the last of your relaxing afternoon on the water as you finish up your tastings and make your way back to the North Cove Marina.
- 2-hour sail
- Four unique wines selected from Italian family bio-dynamic, organic and sustainable vineyards, cheese and charcuterie
- Tasting with wine expert
- Entry/Admission - Manhattan by Sail - Shearwater Classic Schooner
- All other alcoholic drinks are available to purchase
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
North Cove Marina at Brookfield Place
4:30pm April - August
Returns to original departure point