- All entrance fees included
- Likely to Sell Out
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Your tour starts at Battery Park, where you'll get a little context for your upcoming visits by exploring the memorials around the park, which rarely get the attention they deserve by visitors rushing to catch the ferry. Spend some time at the Castle Clinton National Monument, Pier A Harbor House, the American Merchant Mariner’s Memorial, the Sphere, and New York Korean War Veteran’s Memorial.
Then it’s off to Liberty Island with priority boarding to get the best seats on the ferry; because you're leaving early (often on the first ferry, depending on the time of year), you’ll arrive at the Statue of Liberty before the crowds. Once there, enjoy stunning views of the city and take a guided tour that leads you right up to the pedestal, getting you closer to Lady Liberty than the standard visit.
Here, your guide tells you a little about the city’s greatest icon. Gifted to the US by France and designed by their finest architects, including Gustav Eiffel (whose Parisian tower you may be familiar with), Lady Liberty wasn’t as warmly received as you might think. Hear all about the struggle that got her on her feet and eventually became dear to the people of New York.
Then return to the ferry for the cruise over to Ellis Island, where you’ll follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants. From your guide, learn about the lengthy immigration process they went through, walking the Stairs of Separation to understand the island’s two very different names, ‘The Island of Hope’ and ‘The Island of Tears.' Explore the museum’s impressive collection of interactive displays, and ask your guide any questions you have before your tour ends here; you can stay a little longer if you’d like, or head back to the ferry with your guide to return to Manhattan.
With small groups of 20 people or fewer and early morning ferries to the islands, your tour is typically quiet and relaxed, removing the hassles of the average visit. And with an expert guide on hand, you’re certain to learn a thing or two, getting more from your experience than you would by visiting these sites on your own.
- Local guide
- Pedestal ticket for Statue of Liberty
- All ferry tickets between Battery Park, Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island
- Priority ferry boarding from Battery Park to Statue of Liberty
- Statue of Liberty crown access
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Locker storage for large bags
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: This tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty crown, due to security measures in place by the National Park Service, which manages the Statue of Liberty
- Tour participants must be able to climb and descend 215 stairs from the Statue of Liberty lobby to the top of the pedestal
- All guests will need to pass through airport-style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted and such items will be confiscated and not be returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items at nps.gov/stli/planyourvisit/yoursafety
- Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bag, you will be required to put your bag(s) into a locker for a fee of $2 in bills only (no coins accepted). Please be sure to have dollar bills for the lockers
Terms & Conditions
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Pier A Harbor House
Ellis Island (you may choose to stay on Ellis Island and further explore at your leisure or return on your own or take the ferry back to Battery Park with your guide)