Get up close and personal with Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty on this 4.5-hour tour of two New York City legendary landmarks. Listen to the live narration from the guide through a personal headset and learn about the history of both historical spots. Enjoy priority boarding on the ferry and then take in the amazing views of southern Manhattan while crossing New York Harbor. Explore the Statue of Liberty’s onsite museum before ascending to the pedestal for views of the city skyline from 10 stories up. Relive America's immigrant experience through personal narratives and images in the Ellis Island Immigration Museum.
This informative and entertaining excursion to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island begins outside Battery Park on the southern edge of Manhattan, where you'll board the ferry via the reserve ticket holders line for a pleasant trip to Liberty island
Once you arrive at The Statue of Liberty you'll make a short visit to the Statue of Liberty museum where you'll learn all the entertaining history of Lady Liberty as you hear your guides live narration through your personal headset. Then, climb to the observation deck, 10 stories high, and get amazing views of the New York City skyline and sweeping 360 degree views of New York Harbor all fully narrated by your guide. Then take a short ferry ride to Ellis Island where you’ll walk in the footsteps of millions of desperate immigrants who found a new home in America.
Follow them from the ferry dock, to The Baggage Room, through The Great Hall and down The Stairs of Separation as you re-live the immigrant experience through the stories told by your guide. Get a great overview and understanding of the island before hopping back on the ferry to return to Battery Park in Manhattan.
The tour ends on Ellis Island but you are welcome to stay on the island to can research family members who arrived at Ellis Island, experience more of the Immigration Museum or take in a short film about the island.
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Round-trip ferry
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- All admission fees
- Food and drinks
- Entrance to Statue of Liberty crown
- Gratuities (optional)
- Statue Only w/Pedestal option DOES NOT Include a live guide on Ellis Island. Ellis Island visit is self guided.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There are two airport-style security screenings so guests are advised to plan accordingly. No weapons, knives scissors, etc. will be allowed through the first security checkpoint There is no opportunity to check prohibited items before the first screening.
- Backpacks & food or drink of any kind (except water) are not permitted into the pedestal but you will have an opportunity to check these items in a locker before the second security screening. Lockers are for rent on Liberty Island (cash only, $2 USD)
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
In front of Starbucks on the corner of State Street and Pearl Street
OUTSIDE Battery Park
4 hours 30 minutes