Taste the best, authentic Italian treats available anywhere in New York. See thin ribbons of fresh pasta and warm, fresh mozzarella being made before your eyes. Susan even knows a man who’s been hand rolling cigars for decades.
Munch on handmade cheese, freshly filled cannoli, and many more delicious tastings!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grand Central Terminal, 89 E 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10017-5503
We meet at Grand Central Station at 10:30AM by the clock and wend our way up to the Bronx. From Grand Central, it is a twenty minute ride to the Fordham Rd Metro Station. If you prefer to meet us in the Bronx, arrangements can be made. Purchase the specially priced Metro North 'city ticket' to Fordham Rd. Wear comfortable walking shoes!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Fordham University, 113 W 60th St, New York City, NY 10023-7484
Founded in 1841 as St John's College by the Right Reverend John Hughes. It became a Jesuit institution in 1846. It is an integral part of Belmont. It is an 85 acre campus with classical buildings designed by McKim,Mead and White.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Bronx Zoo, 2300 Southern Blvd, Bronx, NY 10460-1090
Although we will not visit the Zoo on this tour (Arrangements can be made) you will learn the history of this iconic institution and it's connections with the residents of the neighborhood.
Pass By: New York Botanical Garden, 2900 Southern Blvd, Bronx, NY 10458-5153
Again we will not be "visiting" the Graden but you will learn the importance of the garden to the neighborhood's early years as well as the present. It is entwined with the Lorillard family who resided in the area during the "Gilded Age." Again arrangements can be made for a visit after the tour.
Stop At: Arthur Avenue Retail Market, 2344 Arthur Ave, New York City, NY 10458-8104
In 1940 Retail markets were established throughout NYC by Mayor Fiorello La Guardia.. The Arthur Avenue Market remains one of the few that are left.
You will learn the history of the Market and experience some of the best food it has to offer.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Tour is led by a licensed NYC Sightseeing Guide
- 8-10 tastes from local shops that reflect the neighborhood's diversity
- Bottled water
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Entry/Admission - Fordham University
- Entry/Admission - Arthur Avenue Retail Market
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
Terms & Conditions
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Grand Central Terminal, 89 E 42nd St, New York, NY 10017, USA
East 187th Street & Arthur Avenue, E 187th St & Arthur Ave, The Bronx, NY 10458, USA