- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small-group tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Your tour begins in Grand Army Plaza in Central Park South right across the street from the famed Plaza Hotel. Learn about how and why the park was created and the obstacles that the builders faced in this huge undertaking. As we we make our way into the park, we pass the Central Park Zoo (recently featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them), and the Wollman Rink.
See the Sheep Meadow (and learn if sheep really grazed there) and visit he world famous Tavern on the Green. Stroll into the heart of the park and visit the Bethesda Fountain and Terrace, The Boathouse, and Belvedere Castle. Parade through the beautiful Shakespeare Garden and learn about the Delacorte Theatre as we walk past the lake (where you might even spot turtles during nice weather). Stop and see Strawberry Field, a memorial to John Lennon and snap a photo of the Imagine Mosaic. As we work our way out of the park, we end the tour at The Dakota, a luxury apartment built in 1884 and the former home of Lauren Bacall, Leonard Bernstein. Judy Garland, and John Lennon.
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Audio Guide (translates the tour)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If canceled because of dangerous weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- We reserve the right to deviate from the route of the tour in the event of marches, parades, and circumstances beyond our control.
Terms & Conditions
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Grand Army Plaza in Manhattan
9:00am and 3:30pm Daily
1 West 72nd Street