- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Meet your guide at a location in Greenwich Village, and start your private walking tour by learning why the Village has such a rich array of resident ghosts and suspected hauntings.
Pay a visit to the Poe house, where famed writer of mystery and macabre Edgar Allan Poe once lived, and hear tales of his time in New York City. Then continue to Washington Square Park, learning about the park’s 'Hanging Tree' and the events that gave it its name en route. Once in the park, view its marble arch and listen to spine-chilling tales of what makes this one of the city’s most haunted public spaces.
Next make your way to the Brown Building, site of the infamous Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire. Victims of this tragedy are said to still wander the building's halls to this day.
Stroll up 5th Avenue to see the Church of the Ascension — supposedly haunted by artist John Lafarge — before stopping at 14 West 10th Street, reportedly the most haunted residential address in Manhattan. This house is thought to be home to 22 different spirits and has been the site of several murders.
Make your way into the heart of the West Village, passing the former house of American poet Emma Lazarus, as well as one of the most beautiful libraries in New York. Your next stop is 12 Gay Street, which is haunted by several spirits, including former New York City Mayor Jimmy Walker. Along the way, pass the Stonewall Inn and Sheridan Square, where the Stonewall Riots of 1969 occurred.
Cross Christopher Street for a visit to the historical piano bar known as Marie’s Crisis and Chumley’s, a legendary speakeasy that recently reopened as a restaurant.
Your tour concludes at the Cherry Lane Theatre, Manhattan's oldest Off-Broadway theater and home to a few actors who never left the stage after death.
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Private tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Audio Guide
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Involves a moderate amount of walking
- Operates rain or shine, please dress accordingly
- The tour takes place at night — dress for colder weather
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note: the operator reserves the right to deviate from the route of the tour in the event of marches, parades, and circumstances beyond their control
- Minimum 2 adults per booking
- Wheelchair accessible
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Departure Times available from 6pm-9pm
Corner of 7th Avenue and Christopher Street