- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small group ensures personal service
Your tour begins in Union Square, which has traditionally acted as the division between the north and south part of Manhattan. See the infamous Tammany Hall building and learn about political corruption in New York in the late 19th Century. Learn how New York became the center of America's garment industry and exactly where "The Ladies Mile" is.
As you work your way up 5th Avenue you step back in time at the Teddy Roosevelt birthplace where you can view rare artifacts relating to our 26th President. Stroll around Gramercy Park and see mansions built in the 1800's which include current and former homes of the rich and famous. Former and current residents include Julia Roberts, Thomas Edison, James Harper, Samuel J. Tilden, The Steinway Family, James Cagney, John Barrymore, Gregory Peck, Stanford White, John Steinbeck, and more.
End your tour by visiting the Player's Club, which is not open to the general public. Founded by Edwin Booth (famous actor and brother to Lincoln assassin John Wilkes Booth) in 1888 as a society club for actors and artists, it is an amazing example of Gilded Age opulence and architecture. Notable past and present members are in no shortage with this iconic place. Artifacts on display include original artwork by Thomas Nast and Norman Rockwell, Mark Twain's pool cue, and Edwin Booth's bedroom, which hasn't been changed since he died in 1893.
- Local guide
- Entrance to The Player's Club
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Audio Guide (translates the tour)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates rain and shine; please dress accordingly
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the tour's designated start time. The tour departs promptly and no refunds will be given for guests who miss the tour due to being late
- If canceled because of dangerous weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
- The Player's Club has a strict dress code. Attire is business casual. No shorts, sneakers, flip-flops, or beachwear of any kind is permitted in the club. Those dressed inappropriately will not be admitted, there are no exceptions.
- You must be at least 12 years of age to attend this tour
- All sales are final. To make any changes to your booking, you must contact us directly
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear appropriate shoes
- The Player's Club has multiple flights of stairs and there is no elevator for guests
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Guests acting inappropriately within the Player's Club will be asked to immediately leave the premises
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- We reserve the right to deviate from the route of the tour in the event of marches, parades, and circumstances beyond our control.
- Tour does not operate for the entire month of August
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
(specific location provided on voucher)
The Player's Club
16 Gramercy Park South