- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Your tour begins on the corner of 6th Avenue and Waverly Place by discussing the rich history of the village and how it came to be the unique neighborhood it is today. As you walk towards the park we stop at several landmarks including the Edgar Allan Poe house and the Washington Square Hotel. Explore Washington Square Park, a former potter's field and learn how this area became the destination for musicians, protesters, and bohemians. Visit the Brown Building, site of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire in 1911, an event that shook America to the core and began the labor movement in this country.
Once you'e out of the park, we head up McDougal Street, packed with businesses of historical significance. See Cafe Wha (where Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Bruce Springsteen, Kool and the Gang, Peter, Paul & Mary, Woody Allen, Lenny Bruce, Joan Rivers, Bill Cosby, Richard Pryor and many others all began their careers), Cafe Reggio ( Home of the Original Cappuccino) and The Comedy Cellar (where Jerry Seinfeld, Jimmy Fallon, Jim Norton, Darrell Hammond, Dave Attell, Louis C.K., Nick DiPaolo, Artie Lange, Dave Chappelle, Amy Schumer, and other frequently perform). Visit Jones Street, site of the cover art for the Freewheelin' Bob Dylan Album and learn where the best pizza in NYC is sold.
Stroll down Christopher Street and visit The Stonewall Inn and learn about how a riot at this infamous bar in 1969 started the Gay Rights Movement in America. See some unique homes as we continue into the West Village (including the Friends Apartment) before you end the tour on what used to be the smallest piece of private property in Manhattan.
- Local guide
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drink
- Audio Guide (translates the tour)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If canceled because of dangerous weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
- There is a decent amount of walking, please wear appropriate shoes
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please note: the operator reserves the right to deviate from the route of the tour in the event of marches, parades, and circumstances beyond their control
Terms & Conditions
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
385 6th Avenue
Departures available from 9:00am-5:00pm. You will be contacted by our office to schedule a start time. Times subject to availability.