- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
Let us introduce you to an area of New York that most tourists don't know about, let alone visit. Start the tour in front of the world famous Chelsea Market (the former Nabisco Factory). After learning about the history of the Chelsea area, enjoy some free time inside the market where you can sample baked goods, snacks, and even do a little shopping.
After heading out of the Market, hear about the infamous "Death Avenue" before heading up to The Highline, a 1.45-mile-long (2.33 km) linear park built on an elevated section of a disused New York Central Railroad spur called the West Side Line. Hear about the controversy and impact that the building of the park had on local residents. While on The Highline enjoy a fantastic view of Chelsea Piers and see where the ill-fated Titanic was meant to dock in 1912. See The Standard Hotel, an 18-story luxury boutique hotel and other local architecture.
After leaving The Highline, you'll head into the heart of the Meatpacking District. See the Gansevoort Hotel before walking past several high fashion flagship stores and some trendy bars.
- Local guide
- Private Tour
- Walking Tour
- The chance to try local cuisine (at own expense)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Audio Guide that translates tour
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- The Highline access is determined by weather conditions. The park is closed during potentially dangerous conditions
- If canceled because of dangerous weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
- There is a decent amount of walking, please wear appropriate shoes
- There is no guarantee food vendors will be operating
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The tour reserves the right to deviate from the route of the tour in the event of marches, parades, and circumstances beyond our control.
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Corner of 15th Street and 9th Avenue by Chelsea Market
Departure times available from 9:00am-5:00pm. You will be contacted by our office to schedule a start time. Times subject to availability.