- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Family friendly
This private walking tour begins at the Alexander Hamilton Custom House, the former site of Fort Amsterdam, where Manhattan really began. Learn about how New Amsterdam became New York and see other sites in the area including Bowling Green Park and the famous Charging Bull of Wall Street.
Then travel to the Fraunces Tavern, New York's oldest building, and up Stone Street to old New Amsterdam. See Delmonico's, one of New York's oldest and most famous eateries.
Walk towards Wall Street and see the Manhattan Trust Bank and the House of Morgan, where America's first millionaire conducted business. Learn how Wall Street got its name and see the famous New York Stock Exchange where fortunes have been made and lost. Visit Federal Hall, the site of the first US capitol building where George Washington was inaugurated in 1789. Trinity Church is the next stop, one of the best examples of Gothic Revival architecture in Manhattan. Visit the grave of Alexander Hamilton and other famous Americans.
The final stop is the 9/11 Memorial. See the magnificent reflecting pools and pay respects to those who lost their lives during the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Also, learn about the new buildings in the World Trade Center site and see the Survivor Tree.
At the conclusion of the tour, the guide leads the way to Battery Park for skip-the-line privileges before boarding the ferry to Liberty Island. Once on the island, enjoy a self-guided tour of the Statue of Liberty Museum and pedestal. Admission to Ellis Island is also included with the ticket.
- Professional guide
- Priority access to board the ferry to save time at departure
- Round-trip ferry ticket
- Entrance fees to the Statue of Liberty Museum at Liberty Island and the Immigration Museum at Ellis Island
- Private Tour
- Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Lockers for large items on Liberty Island (available for $2)
- Crown access
- Audio Guide (translates the tour)
- Admission to the 9/11 Memorial Museum
- Tour guide for Statue/Ellis portion of tour
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Start time subject to availability
- The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island portion of the tour is self-guided. The guide will provide a drop-off in Battery Park to board the ferry
- There is a decent amount of walking, please wear appropriate shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If canceled because of dangerous weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
- No weapons of any kind (including pocket knives, pepper spray, Swiss Army knives, etc.) can be brought to the Statue of Liberty. There is no place to check these items, please leave them at home
- Backpacks, strollers, and other large items are not allowed in the pedestal of the statue. Lockers are available to rent for $2 USD. Rentals are cash only (lockers fee not included)
- Photography is allowed, but please, no monopods or tripods
- No food or drink (other than bottled water) is allowed in the pedestal
- There are two security checkpoints on this tour. One at Battery Park before boarding the ferry, and one at Liberty Island before entering the pedestal
- A minimum of two people per booking is required\
- Please note: the operator reserves the right to deviate from the route of the tour in the event of marches, parades, and circumstances beyond their control
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Alexander Hamilton Custom House
The latest this tour can begin is 11:30am. You will be contacted by our office to schedule a start time. Times subject to availability.
2 hours 30 minutes