Experience the “Great White Way” and follow in the footsteps of Broadway's brightest stars on this 2.5-hour New York City tour. Join an industry professional and a small group of fellow theater fans on a guided walk of Manhattan’s Broadway District and Times Square. See the most famous theaters, hear backstage stories and secrets, and learn how Times Square became the lively place it is today.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Meet your guide — a theatre industry professional — and small group of fellow participants in front of NYC’s Majestic Theater to begin you tour. Learn the story of the mega-musical Phantom of the Opera, which currently inhabits the theater, as well as other famous shows that opened here before continuing on your way.
Walk down the street to visit the St. James and Broadhurst theaters, then stop at Sardi's to hear the history of this Broadway District watering hole.
Next head into Shubert Alley, where you’ll discuss the Shubert Theater and the history of the Subert Organization before turning onto 45th Street, home to numerous theaters including the Booth, Minskoff, Golden, Hirschfeld, and Imperial. See the Marriott Marquis Hotel and visit the Marquis Theater, where your guide will regale you with tales of its past and fill you in on what used to be where it now stands.
Afterward, make a stop at the Richard Rogers Theater — current home of the Pulitzer Prize-winning smash-hit Hamilton. You’ll also talk about the Lunt-Fontanne Theater, where Ziegfeld Follies once ran.
Then continue on to Duffy Square — the literal heart of Times Square — where your guide will fill you in on how this area became known as “The Crossroads of the World.”
Marvel at the Palace Theater before heading north to see the Edison Hotel and the Barrymore Theater, all the while learning the history of the surrounding Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood. You’ll also pass the Walter Kerr Theater, Eugene O'Neill Theatre, Ambassador Theater (home to the musical Chicago) and New World Stages, discussing Off-Broadway theater en route.
Your tour concludes in front of Circle in the Square and Gershwin Theater, home to Wicked.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Audio Guide (translates the tour)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates rain or shine; please dress accordingly
- In the off-chance that the tour is cancelled due to extremely poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
- Involves a good amount of walking
- Backstage and lobby access is not guaranteed
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- We reserve the right to deviate from the route of the tour in the event of marches, parades, and circumstances beyond our control
Terms & Conditions
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Majestic Theatre, Home of The Phantom of the Opera, 247 West 44th Street
Concludes at Gershwin Theatre, 222 West 51st Street