- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Family friendly
- Led by a local guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
Start this entertaining and informative 2-hour walking tour at the Alexander Hamilton Custom House, the former site of Fort Amsterdam, where Manhattan really began. Learn about how New Amsterdam became New York and see other sites in the area including Bowling Green Park and the famous Charging Bull statue. Walk over to Fraunces Tavern, New York's oldest building and up Stone Street for a vivid taste of what New Amsterdam may have been like.
Amble over to Wall Street, the Manhattan Trust Bank and the House of Morgan, where America's first millionaire conducted business. Learn how Wall Street got its name and see the famous New York Stock Exchange where fortunes have been made and lost. Visit Federal Hall, the site of the United State's first capitol building where George Washington was inaugurated in 1789. For the final stop, pay a visit to the 9/11 Memorial and the massive, magnificent reflecting pools.
At the conclusion of the tour, go with the guide to Battery Park and use your skip-the-line privileges to board the ferry to Liberty Island. Once on the island, enjoy a self-guided tour of the museum and pedestal. Admission to Ellis Island is also included with the ticket.
- Local guide
- Priority access to board the ferry to save you time at departure
- Entrance fees to the Pedestal Museum at Liberty Island and the Museum at Ellis Island
- Round-trip ferry ticket
- Walking Tour
- Small-group tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Lockers for large items on Liberty Island (available for $2.00)
- Crown access
- Admission to the 9/11 Memorial Museum
- Tour guide for Statue/Ellis portion of tour
- Audio Guide that translates tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the tour's designated start time. The tour departs promptly and no refunds will be given for guests who miss the tour due to being late
- The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island section of the tour is self-guided. Your guide will drop you off in Battery Park where you will board the ferry
- There is a decent amount of walking, please wear appropriate shoes
- Pedestal is not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If canceled because of dangerous weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
- No weapons of any kind (including pocket knives, pepper spray, Swiss Army knives, etc.) can be brought to the Statue of Liberty. There is no place to check these items, please leave them at home.
- Backpacks, strollers, and other large items are not allowed on the pedestal of the statue. Lockers are available for rental for $2.00 USD. Rentals are cash only (locker fee not included)
- Photography is allowed, however no monopods or tripods are allowed
- No food or drink (other than bottled water) is allowed in the pedestal
- There are two security checkpoints on this tour. One at Battery Park before boarding the ferry, and one at Liberty Island before entering the pedestal
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Tour operator reserves the right to deviate from the route of the tour in the event of marches, parades, and circumstances beyond tour control
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Alexander Hamilton Custom House
2 hours 30 minutes