- Family friendly
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Discover an area of New York City most tourists don't know about, let alone visit.
Begin the tour in front of the world-famous Chelsea Market (also known as the former Nabisco Factory). After learning about the history of the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan, enjoy some free time inside the market to sample baked goods, snacks, and even do a little shopping.
After heading out of the Market, learn about the infamous 'Death Avenue' before heading up to the High Line, a 1.45-mile-long linear park built on an elevated section of a disused New York Central Railroad spur called the West Side Line. Hear about the controversy and impact the construction of the park had on local residents. While on the High Line, enjoy a fantastic view of Chelsea Piers and see where the ill-fated Titanic was meant to dock in 1912. Also, see the Standard Hotel, an 18-story luxury boutique hotel, plus other local architecture.
After leaving the High Line, head into the heart of the Meatpacking District. Visit the Gansevoort Hotel before walking past several high-fashion flagship stores and some trendy bars where the tour concludes.
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Audio Guide (translates the tour)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There is no need to confirm the reservation
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If canceled because of dangerous weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
- The Highline access is determined by weather conditions. The park is closed during potentially dangerous conditions
- There is a decent amount of walking, please wear appropriate shoes
- There is no guarantee food vendors will be operating
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Tour operator reserves the right to deviate from the route of the tour in the event of marches, parades, and circumstances beyond our control.
Terms & Conditions
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Vicinity of Chelsea Market in Manhattan