- Family friendly
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
This 2-hour tour begins on the corner of 6th Avenue and Waverly Place in Greenwich Village. Immediately learn about the rich history of 'the Village' and how it came to be the incredibly unique neighborhood it is today.
While walking towards Washington Square Park, stop at several landmarks including the Edgar Allan Poe house and the Washington Square Hotel. Explore the park, a former potter's field, and discover how this area became the destination for musicians, protesters, and bohemians alike. Visit the Brown Building, site of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire in 1911, an event that shook America to its core and started the labor movement in the US.
Next, head up McDougal Street, which is packed with historical businesses of all kinds. See Cafe Wha?, where Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Bruce Springsteen, Woody Allen, Joan Rivers, Richard Pryor, and many others all began their careers. Walk past Cafe Reggio (home of the original cappuccino) and the Comedy Cellar, where Jerry Seinfeld, Jimmy Fallon, Dave Chappelle, Amy Schumer, and many others frequently perform. Visit Jones Street — site of the cover art for 'the Freewheelin' Bob Dylan' album — and learn where the best pizza in New York City is sold.
Stroll down Christopher Street to the Stonewall Inn and learn how a riot at this infamous bar started the Gay Rights Movement in America. See some unique homes while continuing into the West Village (including the 'Friends' TV show apartment) before ending the tour on what used to be the smallest piece of private property in Manhattan.
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to and from attractions
- Audio Guide that translates tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There is no need to confirm the reservation with the office
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, an alternative date or full refund will be offered
- There is a decent amount of walking, please wear appropriate shoes
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- We reserve the right to deviate from the route of the tour in the event of marches, parades, and circumstances beyond our control.
Terms & Conditions
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
385 6th Avenue