Ever wonder where food carts and food trucks go at night in New York City or where the food they make is prepared? Wonder no longer!
Go behind-the-scenes on this guided tour of the commissary, commercial kitchen, and distribution center of Wafels & Dinges, where you'll have the chance to get a inside look at the inner-workings of this outrageously popular culinary business in New York City. You'll meet your tour guide at a meeting location in Gowanus, Brooklyn near the company's headquarters, a space that is otherwise not open to the general public. From there, we'll step inside for a cup of fresh-brewed coffee where you'll hear the story about how the company started with a food truck in 2007 on the streets of New York with a mission to introduce real Belgian waffles (or "wafels" as they say in Belgium) to the United States, and today is a brand most New Yorkers know and love. Once we complete our coffees, you'll be given a hair net to wear and will step into a commercial kitchen to meet the bakers, see the ingredients and production process, and make your own fresh-made Liège wafel using a custom-made iron. As we munch on our wafels, the last part of the tour will visit the commissary space where you will learn firsthand how the food trucks and food carts are cleaned, maintained, and stocked and how deliveries are made to bring true Belgian waffles to happy customers across New York City.
This one-hour behind-the-scenes small group guided tour of a commercial kitchen and commissary includes the following:
• Knowledgeable and engaging professional tour guide
• Liège wafel hot off the iron
• Cup of fresh-brewed coffee or waterThis tour is recommended for individuals ages 8 and older
- Fresh-brewed coffee or water
- Liège wafel hot off the iron
- Knowledgeable and engaging professional tour guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Gratuities are not required but a standard tip of 10% is always appreciated if you have an enjoyable experience
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
The neighborhood of Gowanus near Downtown Brooklyn