Beyond the Brooklyn Bridge’s stately exterior lies an epic origin story. Now over 130 years old, the granite and limestone structure has dazzled both tourists and residents alike. On our newest tour, author, playwright and Untapped Cities’ tour guide Justin Rivers will not only unpack the history behind the Brooklyn Bridge, but also explore its many hidden secrets. Our unique walking tour, which kicks off on May 11th, will give you a whole new appreciation for one of New York’s most iconic landmarks.
- Cross the bridge span, which offers one of the best vantage points in New York City
- Explore the perimeter of the Manhattan and Brooklyn anchorages of the bridge
- Discover Brooklyn Bridge’s various secrets, including its old Cold War fall out shelter, the love locks, the Russian fur vaults, the bridge jumper survivor’s support group and so many others
Price: $35 (+ fees)
What to bring: Comfortable walking shoes.
What to know: The tour is 2-hours; please consult with the MTA for weekend subway schedules and routing changes. NOTE: While this tour will cover the history of the bank vaults and Cold War shelter, we will not be going inside.
- Admission ticket
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour is in English
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- The tour is 2-hours long
Terms & Conditions
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
The tour meets on the north side of the Jacob Mould Fountain, facing City Hall. The fountain is inside City Hall Park, located at 43 Park Row, New York, NY 10038.