231 Bowery 2nd FL
- Small-group tour
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
Have you ever wondered where Wall Street, Battery Park, or Bowling Greene got their name from? Discover this and much more on this historical walking tour of Dutch Amsterdam's remnants! Although virtually nothing remains of Dutch New Amsterdam, the Dutch influence is felt in many hidden relics south of Wall Street, which includes the massive one hidden in plain sight: the original street grid embedded in lower Manhattan grid today! On this tour you will walk New York City's original coastline, discover the remains of Manhattan’s first City Hall, learn about the history of the original Dutch fort, windmill and battery. You will also explore a hidden street frozen in time in the middle of skyscrapers, and learn about the legend of Peg-Leg Pete.
- Includes a walk of the city’s original coast line
- See the remains of Manhattan’s first City Hall
- Discover the original Dutch fort, wind mill and the original battery
- Trace the streets of Manhattan in 1667 with Manhattan’s first map in hand
- Physically touch history as we spend time finding out why Bowling Green has its name and why it’s been so important in our city’s history
- Admission ticket
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour is in English
- Wheelchair accessible
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- The tour is 2-hours long; please consult with the MTA for weekend subway schedules and routing changes.
Terms & Conditions
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
The tour meets on the Footsteps of the Museum of the American Indian