This tour will stop in stations that are all open to the public. Using the 6 train as a ten-car time machine, ride through and see three abandoned ghost stations that 4, 5, and 6 riders unknowingly pass through everyday: Worth Street, 18th Street and the famed City Hall Station. This tour will not stop inside these stations.
This is a small group tour with a maximum of 12 passengers.
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Small-group tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
This tour will stop in stations that are all open to the public. Using the 6 train as a ten-car time machine, ride through and see three abandoned ghost stations that 4, 5, and 6 riders unknowingly pass through everyday: Worth Street, 18th Street and the famed City Hall Station. The tour does not stop inside these stations.
- City Hall Park as the birthplace of the subway system including the parts of the famed City Hall Station you can see right in the park
- The comically short route of the mythical “Subway before the Subway,” Alfred Eli Beach’s Pneumatic Transit System
- The architectural ghosts of the now nearly forgotten Chambers Street station which was originally a terminal built in 1915 to rival Grand Central
- Ride through the very first 9 stations in the original 1904 system, armed with a scavenger hunt checklist to find historical and architectural treasures in these stations
- Ending in one of NYC’s newest and controversial transit hubs: The World Trade Center Oculus to learn about the world’s largest jigsaw puzzle and how the complex is built like a modern-day, multi-billion dollar Stonehenge
What to know: The tour is 2 hours long, requires 2 metro card swipes and is happening rain or shine! Please note the route might change slightly depending on the MTA schedule.
What to wear: Bring comfortable shoes, as the tour requires walking up and down stairs
- Admission ticket
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Metro Card (2 swipes)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour is in English
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- The tour is 2-hours long; please consult with the MTA for weekend subway schedules and routing changes.
- A maximum of 5 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
Terms & Conditions
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
The tour meets on the north side of the Jacob Mould Fountain, facing City Hall. The fountain is inside City Hall Park.