Special OfferBook by August 4 and travel by December 29 to save 20% off our previously offered price!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: NYC Ferry, New York City, New York
Start your tour in iconic Manhattan before hopping the commuter ferry for a short ride across the East River to Brooklyn, with great views of the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Dumbo, Brooklyn, New York
Land in Dumbo, named not for the elephant, but because it is “down under the Manhattan Bridge overpass.”
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn, New York
Walk through Brooklyn Bridge Park, built largely on those old piers, to learn how the waterfront changed from a source of food to a thriving industrial area, to an unsafe abandoned slum, and finally to what it is today: a beautiful park for recreation and home to modern businesses.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: New York City Urban Adventures, New York City, New York
From there, we head to Smile to Go, a spinoff of a popular downtown restaurant. See where all the pastries are made, watching the bakers at work as you hear about the process. Then sample an array of creative, chef-driven pastries fresh from the oven.
At the Empire Stores, you’ll see the latest transformation. This brick warehouse block is believed to be the first place coffee was commercially roasted and processed, but was abandoned for many years as shipping moved elsewhere. Now, it has been revived as a community space with shops, cafes and restaurants, rotating art exhibits and an outpost of the Brooklyn Historical Society.
Walk down the old cobblestone streets to see more of the old warehouses and factories that have been converted into lofts, restaurants and art galleries. Stop at Powerhouse Arena. It’s a bookstore specializing in books on art and photography, as well as a space for art exhibitions and literary events, including book readings, launch parties and panel discussions.
Stop At: Manhattan Bridge, New York City, New York
Pass under the Manhattan Bridge archway and into another part of the neighborhood to visit the Brooklyn Roasting Company. It is housed in an old building that was part of the historic Arbuckles’ Coffee company, whose roasted coffee was a favorite of cowboys for years. Sample some of coffee, which is curated and blended from beans from all over the world.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Brooklyn Bridge, New York City, New York
Head farther into Dumbo and learn about the growing startup and tech world in the neighborhood. Stop for a quick bite at Untamed Sandwiches, which uses sustainable and local food for its braised meat and vegetables. You might stop instead at Cuper, an unassuming cafe inside the Made in NY Media Center, a co-working space and incubator where you can usually find artists discussing projects and business people making deals. Finally, stop at the hidden gem of Randolph Beer. Craft brewing is all the rage, but the Randolph goes it one better and serves its beer where it’s made. Learn about the growing craft beer scene in Brooklyn, and pull your own beer from the tap.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Local English-speaking guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Pour your Own Beer
- Entry/Admission - NYC Ferry
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note that this tour starts with a ferry ride, which boards immediately after the tour start time. Please allow plenty of time to reach the meeting point, as any delays would cause the entire group to miss the ferry. We cannot guarantee your guide will wait for late arrivals.
- You will be in a small group with a maximum of 12 people.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- Dress comfortably and appropriate for the weather.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Pier 11 / Wall St.
82 Prospect St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA