This NYC Highlights tour Starts in Times Square and hits all the main attractions in Central Manhattan, including Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, and Grand Central Station. The highlight is the Empire State Building, where you’ll use pre-reserved tickets to skip most of the lines and head straight to the 86th floor for expansive views of the city.
Meet your expert guide and small group in Times Square, then dive right into the history of the area, from its early days as a theater district to its decline in the 70’s and rebirth as a global crossroads of entertainment and consumer culture.
Leaving Times Square, pass Rockefeller Center and get a crash course on the history of American show business while learning about some of the interesting lore behind the building, like how it won, then lost one of the world’s greatest murals. Next, head inside the jaw-dropping St. Patrick’s Cathedral and learn about the Irish immigrants who helped build the city and continue to shape its culture.
Then take a stroll down fifth avenue to see one of the world’s swankiest shopping streets and admire the elaborate decorations that adorn the windows of high-class boutiques. Along the way you’ll pass famous landmarks like the main branch of the New York Public Library.
Your destination is one of the most beloved buildings in New York, Grand Central Terminal. Explore this cavernous building - one of the most visited in the world - as your expert local guide tells you the story of how it was nearly demolished before being refurbished to its current splendor. Don’t forget to check out a few of its hidden corners, like the whispering wall, which has an acoustic trick you have to hear to believe.
Your last stop is the highlight of the tour: the Empire State Building, so we’ve saved it for last. Take a pre-reserved ticket, skip the entrance lines, and hop on an elevator straight to the viewing deck on the 86th floor, which gives you a panoramic vistas around the city and beyond into and Brooklyn and Queens.
The heart of the Big Apple can be overwhelming, but when you go with a Walks guide, they unlock the history and culture of the city for you so you can see and appreciate the city as they do. On this Highlights tour you won’t just see the most famous sight of NYC, you’ll experience them.
N.B.: We will not enter St. Patrick’s Cathedral if there is a service on during the tour.
- Expert English- speaking Guide
- Small Groups of 20 people
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Note: We advise our clients that St. Patrick’s Cathedral is subject to closure during special celebrations/festivities. If this occurs during your visit, we will run an alternative itinerary that includes and explanation of the Cathedral from the outside. We are unable to provide refunds or discounts.
- Only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed on this tour.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate strollers on this tour.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
George M. Cohan statue at West 46th Street between Broadway and 7th Avenue towards the end of the block, (NOT the statue in front of the red stairs.)
Meeting & Departure Time until the 31st of October 2018:
Meeting & Departure Time from the 1st of November 2018:Meeting Time: 3:15 PMDeparture Time: 3:30 PM
2 hours 30 minutes
Empire State Building.