Discover the magic of Broadway productions like 'The Lion King' and 'Aladdin' with a behind-the-scenes tour of Disney’s landmark New Amsterdam Theatre, provided by an established independent NYC tour operator. Led by the in-house historian, this hands-on tour gives you an exclusive look at incredible costumes and props used on stage. You'll also enjoy a 1.5-hour guided walking tour of Broadway before visiting the theater. Stop outside prominent theaters and other hotspots to learn about the actors, shows and scandals that have rocked New York’s Theatre District. Bonus: hear soundbites and live recordings via your audio headset.
- Likely to Sell Out
Meet in Times Square to start your Manhattan theater experience with a 1.5-hour walking tour of Broadway. Slip on your provided headset to hear audio recordings and listen to Disney trivia from your in-the-know guide, and stop by theaters like the Marriott Marquis, Majestic and American Airlines, where Broadway shows have drawn huge crowds and global attention.
Follow your guide to Duffy Square and Shubert Alley to discover to the rags-to-riches tale of NYC’s Theatre District and learn about legendary Broadway performers. See popular cast hangouts, and visit Sardi’s restaurant to admire character portraits that line the walls while you hear about the on- and off-screen shenanigans of the biggest celebs in showbiz.
Then head to New Amsterdam Theatre for your 1-hour visit with the on-site historian. Your group has exclusive access to various areas of the theater, with views of the vast stage. Learn about the creation of Broadway Disney productions such as Beauty and the Beast, Mary Poppins, Aladdin and The Lion King, and hear stories about what goes on behind the scenes before the curtain rises.
The highlight of your tour is a visit the prop and costumes studio, packed with outfits and accessories from Disney favorites like the tridents used in The Little Mermaid.
- Exclusive behind-the-magic access to Disney Theatrical’s New Amsterdam Theatre (with Prop Studio access)
- Expert in-house historian for your New Amsterdam Theatre tour
- Broadway Insider to show you the ropes on a 1.5 hour Broadway tour (will also stay with you for New Amsterdam section)
- Audio headsets so you can hear your guide for Broadway tour — with special audio inserts from Broadway shows and Disney productions
- Small groups
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- The backstage area of Broadway theatres has been off limits to public tours for decades, and hasn't been accessed by the public in the New Amsterdam in nearly a century. We ask that you strictly respect your tour guide's instructions while backstage to continue to allow us to offer this highly exclusive experience.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Please note, the voucher is NOT redeemable at the New Amsterdam Theater ticket desk.
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Meeting Time: 9:15 AMDeparture Time: 9:30 AM
- New Amsterdam Theatre. On occasion tour may end within walking distance of the theater.